• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2020 at 4:00 AM, IkewithMike said:

Some 8th prints and Free Comic Book Day books from the local con last year

The reprints are in excellent condition, thinking of having them graded

20200205_190739.jpg

Unless they're rare, reprints don't sell for much.  But I suppose anything in good condition is worth preserving.  If you're saving the comics for posterity sake go ahead and get them slabbed.  If you're doing it for an investment make sure you check them carefully for spine ticks (no pun intended), bent corners, white pages and stuff like that. Even on eBay right  9.8s are selling for less then they did 2 years ago.  The "Amazon hype" dwindled when the show was canceled.

47 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

Unless they're rare, reprints don't sell for much.  But I suppose anything in good condition is worth preserving.  If you're saving the comics for posterity sake go ahead and get them slabbed.  If you're doing it for an investment make sure you check them carefully for spine ticks (no pun intended), bent corners, white pages and stuff like that. Even on eBay right  9.8s are selling for less then they did 2 years ago.  The "Amazon hype" dwindled when the show was canceled.

Thanks for the input, I am a personal collector of this series, everytime I go to a con and I see Tick books, i just grab them. They weren't readily available in my area growing up, so it's something i have to pick up.

These ones were in exceptional condition, so i am thinking i will throw them into a submission for the fun of it. The free comic book days are a lot of fun

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY!  RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!   

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON APRIL 1, 2020.  

Desciption:  The Tick Spin-Off!!!  Chainsaw Vigilante No. 3 Comic Book Magazine.  I WANT YOU BACK!  

unnamed.jpg

47 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY!  RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!   

Desciption:  The Tick Spin-Off!!!  Chainsaw Vigilante No. 3 Comic Book Magazine.  I WANT YOU BACK!  

unnamed.jpg

image.thumb.png.627718e7e17e3da4de5c829664ebb963.png

51 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

unnamed.jpg

image.thumb.png.c82f15d70c4a383683047eecd591b154.png

Okay, PeterPark has 83, and Takineko has 44!  

2 hours ago, vsndesigns said:

unnamed.jpg

79 hope I'm doing this right? :foryou: 

unnamed.jpg

@Krismusic

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

# 49, if you are willing to ship to Canada.

9 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

unnamed.jpg

source.gif

image.thumb.png.3eb3c358158fb0b70845c5e7

Spoiler

Technically your 3,000 was in a Journal, but I didn't want to be insensitive to 

Take It from The Top

Krismusic commented on theCapraAegagrus's journal entry

ah man I had the 3000th but lost it lol I got it now @Krismusic

image.thumb.png.3eb3c358158fb0b70845c5e7ff621232.png (800×450)

krismusic 3000.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

source.gif

Hide contents

Take It from The Top

ahh lol thanks... totally forgot about that 2019 summer celebrate post count threads :roflmao:. Geez those numbers just creep up on you lol 

2 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

ahh lol thanks... totally forgot about that 2019 summer celebrate post count threads :roflmao:. Geez those numbers just creep up on you lol 

I got it saved now lol man that was ugh, but STILL SWEETLY AWESOME!! just to make sure you see it completed @Krismusic

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

source.gif

krismusic 3000.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

source.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Take It from The Top

krismusic 3000.png

its ok I stirred the pot myself in @theCapraAegagrus journal... :devil:

3 hours ago, vsndesigns said:

unnamed.jpg

:popcorn:

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

th?id=OIP.AnJDirlJ24PVMwv6L4zSDgHaEh%26p

:gossip: definitely can't count this guess with copper wire lol such a weird shape.. huh..