• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

HAPPY VD :x

sorry I missed your post about the notebook, looks like you had some fun! :headbang:

No worries!  I'm hoping to stir up some more interest in The Tick again by getting The Tick Free Giveaways going later on this year!  Tune in later -- Same Tick-Time, Same Tick-Channel!" 

The Tick and Chairface Chippendale Print by Matthew Skiff 2020

This is a Screenprint that is 18” x 24” and it was signed by Matthew Skiff and numbered No. 20 of a limited edition of 50.  We were visiting Gallery 1988 on Melrose Avenue and I just knew that I had to have it!  Ever get that feeling yourself?  Matthew Skiff was premiered at the Gallery between June 17 thru July 9, 2016 with an Exhibit that was titled “Best Friends” celebrating couples like She-Ra and Hordak, Duke and Cobra Commander, Donatello and Baxter Stockman from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  I remember catching a show called Weird Al with artwork and prints available a couple years back ago, but I digress.  Here is a little more about Matthew Skiff himself…

THE TICK BY MATTHEW SKIFF 2020

THE TICK BY MATTHEW SKIFF 2020.jpg

Hi there! I'm new to this forum altogether. The Tick's awesome - I've been peripherally aware of the comics and TV adaptions for years but never really got invested until the middle of the pandemic. Every iteration is great fun and hilarious, and perfectly caters to the audience of its time (and my own niche nerdy interests haha). In a world where Marvel and DC dominate the mainstream for superhero comics, I think the Tick's definitely become my favorite!

Anyway I animated this brief clip back in November for fun after the "All the Ticks" virtual event; I thought you guys might appreciate it!  

On 2/26/2021 at 11:21 AM, ArtbyIsaiah said:

Hi there! I'm new to this forum altogether. The Tick's awesome - I've been peripherally aware of the comics and TV adaptions for years but never really got invested until the middle of the pandemic. Every iteration is great fun and hilarious, and perfectly caters to the audience of its time (and my own niche nerdy interests haha). In a world where Marvel and DC dominate the mainstream for superhero comics, I think the Tick's definitely become my favorite!

Anyway I animated this brief clip back in November for fun after the "All the Ticks" virtual event; I thought you guys might appreciate it!  

Dang!  That was awesome!  How long did that take you to put that together?  

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum as well. I'm a big Tick fan, but had been out of the collecting game for a long time. Well...I'm back in. I was curious if anyone here might have a good source to track down a copy of the 2014 comic con exclusive comic. I've managed to get one version of all the others, but I'm having trouble with that one.

I'm also trying to find a Golden Age Comic #2, which you would think would be easy, but has proven challenging.

22 minutes ago, jpette said:

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum as well. I'm a big Tick fan, but had been out of the collecting game for a long time. Well...I'm back in. I was curious if anyone here might have a good source to track down a copy of the 2014 comic con exclusive comic. I've managed to get one version of all the others, but I'm having trouble with that one.

I'm also trying to find a Golden Age Comic #2, which you would think would be easy, but has proven challenging.

If you could post some sample pictures it would make things easier

I found contacting NEC directly is very useful as well

8 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

If you could post some sample pictures it would make things easier

I found contacting NEC directly is very useful as well

Certainly. I've attached pics here. The comic con exclusive is first, and that's the priority. The Golden Age one had two covers - either one works for me.

I'll try contacting NEC. They don't list these in stock, but worth asking. 

tick-comic-cc14.jpg

large-9714217.jpg

unnamed.jpg

3 hours ago, ectocooler said:

Did you see this listing on ebay? Has both golden age 2 covers plus the others. Half cover price and seemingly NM:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233685416473

Thank you! That's really weird...I didn't see this one and I have pretty extensive eBay searches. It gives me some doubles, but I can easily resell those. 

Down to just the comic con one now. Good stuff.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, jpette said:

Thank you! That's really weird...I didn't see this one and I have pretty extensive eBay searches. It gives me some doubles, but I can easily resell those. 

Down to just the comic con one now. Good stuff.

Do you have the 2007 Comic Con exclusive? That one is a ghost... I only have it as I bought it AT SDCC '07. I haven't even seen it listed in databases, I thought I was going crazy and it was the back cover of the regular or something.