• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine Autographed The Tick's Back Number #0 Comic Book with Bonus Action Figure! (Actual Items Displayed)

2lji3aa.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON JANUARY 1, 2016.

THE TICK INCREDIBLE INTERNET COMIC NUMBER 1 2001

i2k3dg.jpg

INCREDIBLE INTERNET COMIC

The Tick's first-ever lnternet comic book story appeared originally on the New England Comics Press web site (www.newenglandcomics.com), one page released every week. This presentation met with considerable success: the number of "hits", increased every week as Tick fans throughout the world discovered an all new (and entirely "free") Tick electronic comic book. While we added a new page every week, we left up all the previous pages so newcomers could see what they missed. The entire 23 pages of antwork were posted all together for a two week period before being removed in anticipation of the publication of this book. So, why are we publishing an "old-fashioned" hard copy of The Tick's Incredible Internet Comic Book?

Certainly we considered long and hard whether there would be much demand to read the print Version of a story which had been accessible electronically to millions of people for a have a year. But distributor's orders indicate the demand for a "hard copy" of this publication is quite strong. Which leads us to conclude that the explosive growth of the Internet may NOT lead to the near-future demise of "words printed on paper." Despite the popularity of "Web-surfing," I suspect that many people still like to have something in their hands to read in the "old-fashioned" manner. As much as I personally enjoy browsing the wide spectrum of web site devoted to comics, movies, gaming and other popular forms of entertainnent. I still frequently find myself getting bleary-eyed from staring at a monitor and frustrated by inevitable delays in page loading. This leads me to search for the "PRINT" button, particularly for pages with lots of text to read. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to favor sites which are printer-friendly and that means pages with considerable text which can be directed to the printer without a lot of unnecessary graphics draining the expensive color inks out of my Hewlett-Packard inkjet cartridges. I am especially sensitive to sites which are very frame intensive requiring frequent clicking to move from one page to "next page." Each page needs to be printed as an individual "job" making it quite labor intensive to print out an entire "topic" for later perusal. Boy, I hate that!

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine Autographed The Tick's Back Number #0 Comic Book with Bonus Action Figure! (Actual Items Displayed)

2lji3aa.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

Tick Time Machine!

:whee:

2lji3aa.jpg

Tick Time Machine!

:whee:

HA! Good Catch! I meant January 1, 2017!

One of my favorite acquistions this year! Thanks goes out to Livio Ramondelli and Mario Cruz for his professionalism and dedication to CGC Witness Program! Woohoo! I am soooo stoked!

THE TICK LIVIO RAMONDELLI 2016 TRANSFORMER COMMISSION SDCC SKETCH VERSION 2015

28atgle.jpg

This is a commission work done by Livio Ramondelli, of The IDW Transformer Series Fame. The work was completed in November 2016 on a Blank Sketch Variant of the San Diego Comic-Con The Tick Exclusive Sketch Cover! This is No. 212 of a Limited Edition of 250 Comic Books but only ONE of a kind down by Livio Ramondelli. Livio Ramondelli is an American comic-book artist who graduated with a Masters degree from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, California, as well as a Bachelor's degree from Pennsylvania State University. After illustrating a few trade paperback covers, he began regular work on IDW's Transformers comics with the Chaos storyline and illustrated the entirety of Autocracy.

2lji3aa.jpg