• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Superstar fan fave Patrick Warburton (The Tick series 1 :nyah:, Seinfeld) will be signing at Calgary (Alberta) Expo Sat and Sunday at the end of April, 2017. Attendance over 105,000 people. Other comics guests include Todd McFarlane and writer Jim Shooter (Secret Wars, Valiant Comics):

Patrick Warburton signing in AB, Canada

I don't know about VF + mayber VF - Probably should have bought it graded but not enough to choose from anywhere, maybe the Collecto Edition first appearance if I ever do

The Tick #1.jpg

3 hours ago, MetalPSI™ said:

Prices for #1 regs have been steadily going up the last couple of years for some reason

I thought that they were making a new series or something, I've been kinda out of the loop. I picked it up for nostalgia reasons. I thought that it might have passed into obscurity, but I was a fan. 

I honestly haven't been keeping up on moderns myself, but there is definitely still a cult following. Guess there is momentum for fans of the new show.

Personally I never liked the live action Tick, and this new series looks terrible to me. I'd rather have another cartoon.

hahaha my thoughts exactly, but maybe the show will bring new blood and people will go back and watch the cartoon. I remember thinking The Tick was a weird Cartoon as a kid but I liked it. Then there was that even weirder cartoon called "EEK", but that's beside the point. I tried a while back to check to see what was on for Sunday morning cartoons and found it lacking. I forgot a lot of those 80's cartoons, guess I was too sleepy on Saturday morning to remember it all. Wasn't there a "killer tomato" cartoon?

UMMMM

I've seen people post about the Tick comic with the Chainsaw guy..?

I found a Chroma Tick #9 that had him on the cover..... what is his first appearance? this one was in color...and I didn't know if I shoud pick it up...? I don't know what "color" had to do with the comic, but it had the Chainsaw guy on the to of the car that the Tick and Arthur where in..... anyway I don't know much about the Tick comic only the cartoon... this Tick #9 wasn't in good shape or anything but it looked like something....

Any help appreciated.. :) 

..the place I went to also had the Tick "free giveaway" or some promotional comic from the copper age, I forget what it said on the cover but it had red borders if that helps....

According to Wikipedia lol the Chainsaw Vigilante was in his own series but I don't know if that was his first appearance, surely not, wikipedia leads you all over the place