• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2017 at 1:22 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

Vic - Um... you have WAY WAY WAY more slammers than me.  And I checked out your flicker... more tick toys than me, too.  Because of the "sparkle" it's a little hard to tell what you have so here are my extras (sorry the list is small)

Copper - Tick (keen)

Blue - Tick (keen), and Human Bullet

Green - Tick (keen), Human Bullet, Dean, and Crusading Chameleon

I guess back then I didn't have the $4/pack to try and collect all the slammers.  I think you said you have all these but if you need any let me know and I'll send them to you.

Is it the Dark Blue Human Bullet?  Kinda looks like this?

DARK BLUE POG.jpg

THE TICK BACKPACK FROM 1995 FCN

The Tick Back Pack from 1995 Made by Pyramid New York, New York Made In China, UPC Number 718732540168  Style Number 54016.  TM @1995 Fox Children's Network, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.  Decorated with Arthur The Tick and the infamous El Seed!  11" X 15" X 6" and two zippers, one for the main compartment and the other for the front pocket. Designed similar to the Tote Bag and the Duffel Bag.  It's Tick Blue on the Back and Black on the Front.  Plastic zippers and vinyl construction.  The Fox Kids Network tag on the side is pretty rigid being made from plastic and all.  It has a handle on top for easy carry and I consider it pretty rare.  Spooooonnnnnnn!!!

The Tick Back Pack Genuine.jpg

On 10/6/2017 at 1:22 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

Vic - Um... you have WAY WAY WAY more slammers than me.  And I checked out your flicker... more tick toys than me, too.  Because of the "sparkle" it's a little hard to tell what you have so here are my extras (sorry the list is small)

Copper - Tick (keen)

Blue - Tick (keen), and Human Bullet

Green - Tick (keen), Human Bullet, Dean, and Crusading Chameleon

I guess back then I didn't have the $4/pack to try and collect all the slammers.  I think you said you have all these but if you need any let me know and I'll send them to you.

Dude!!! I got my really cool and awesome Blue Human Bullet Kini in the mail today!  Woohoo!  I sent a scan of it to Dave over in the UK so he can post it up! https://www.milkcapmania.co.uk/World-POG-Federation-WPF/184-The-Tick-Kinis.html Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I told Dave that you gave it to me with a little plug about Wild East!  Now I gotta go put the slammer into a display sleeve and take a quick pic, post er up on my flickr Tick Museum and then put it away for keeps in an dual acrylic collector display...remember those?      

3 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I would love to see the swag from the NYCC.  I was not able to attend.  Here is the cover of the RI comic Con 2017 issue

2017_ri_lg.jpg

I will post something interesting from NYCC soon!  Mike Lilly just put up the OA of #2.

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Gotta love The Tick, only downside to the tv show was the episodes were way too short.

The good thing is the second half of season one starts soon!

IMG_2340.JPG

9 minutes ago, Brian Bollinger said:

A piece of commissioned Tick artwork by Billy Tucci.  I'll post the colorized version of the image once I get it.  (I like model trains and Mickey Mouse as well as The Tick... that's why those other items are in the picture)

tick_header.jpg

That's awesome!! :)

Complete with a spinner rack. How big is the paper? 8.5 X 11? Or 11 X 17?

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome!! :)

Complete with a spinner rack. How big is the paper? 8.5 X 11? Or 11 X 17?

I believe it's 11 x 17.  It's still in the mail.  I was just sent a digital copy of the picture to hold me over until the original art arrives.  I was so excited to find that Billy was able/willing to take on the work that I didn't ask many questions.

So... I purchased this "original" Tick art off eBay a while ago.  It just arrived.  It's not on art board, it's on paper that is thin like copy paper... but it does look like it was used as the pencil and inking paper.  (you can see the indents on the pack of the paper where the pencil had been pushed against the paper).  As I don't have any other artwork like this I am wondering if it is real or a copy?  I didn't pay much for it so I'm not worried if it's a copy.  I'm just not sure how to label it for my collection.  Any advice?

5a30255107c7f_TicArt.thumb.jpg.c7ba701c719959aa4aff59197a3c28a9.jpg

Edited by Brian Bollinger

On 10/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, vsndesigns said:

THE TICK BACKPACK FROM 1995 FCNimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bThe Tick Back Pack from 1995 Made by Pyramid New York, New York Made In China, UPC Number 718732540168  Style Number 54016.  TM @1995 Fox Children's Network, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.  Decorated with Arthur The Tick and the infamous El Seed!  11" X 15" X 6" and two zippers, one for the main compartment and the other for the front pocket. Designed similar to the Tote Bag and the Duffel Bag.  It's Tick Blue on the Back and Black on the Front.  Plastic zippers and vinyl construction.  The Fox Kids Network tag on the side is pretty rigid being made from plastic and all.  It has a handle on top for easy carry and I consider it pretty rare.  Spooooonnnnnnn!!!

The Tick Back Pack Genuine.jpg

I missed this thread.

:luhv:

3 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

So... I purchased this "original" Tick art off eBay a while ago.  It just arrived.  It's not on art board, it's on paper that is thin like copy paper... but it does look like it was used as the pencil and inking paper.  (you can see the indents on the pack of the paper where the pencil had been pushed against the paper).  As I don't have any other artwork like this I am wondering if it is real or a copy?  I didn't pay much for it so I'm not worried if it's a copy.  I'm just not sure how to label it for my collection.  Any advice?

5a30255107c7f_TicArt.thumb.jpg.c7ba701c719959aa4aff59197a3c28a9.jpg

Congrats Brian, that's a genuine Mychailo Kazybrid.