• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

The fabulous cast and crew and the genius's of The Tick by Amazon Prime are busy working on making The Tick Season 2 a major success.  Watch for it coming in early 2019.  Personally, I'm hoping to see some sneak peaks of Season Two at the San Diego Comic-con next month.  It's gonna be wickedly cool!  Spooooooonnnnnn!!!!

IMG_20180617_175320.jpg

2054286480_WantedComicConIssues.thumb.jpg.7a189c02540613f6b3ae784c73a71a76.jpg

1) I'll be at SDCC this year.  (It's my first Comic Con!)  Does anyone have any of the above comics they would be willing to sell.  I could get them from you at the con if you're going to be there (or via mail if you're not)

2) If anyone has a Tick want list let me know.  I can go through my collection to look for dups I am willing to part with.  (again, we could meet at SCDD or I could mail them)

3) For those attending... Anyone interested in trying to have a Tick fan meet up?

On 7/8/2018 at 8:36 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

2054286480_WantedComicConIssues.thumb.jpg.7a189c02540613f6b3ae784c73a71a76.jpg

1) I'll be at SDCC this year.  (It's my first Comic Con!)  Does anyone have any of the above comics they would be willing to sell.  I could get them from you at the con if you're going to be there (or via mail if you're not)

2) If anyone has a Tick want list let me know.  I can go through my collection to look for dups I am willing to part with.  (again, we could meet at SCDD or I could mail them)

3) For those attending... Anyone interested in trying to have a Tick fan meet up?

I wish I had doubles!  I was strictly collecting for myself, and until I started slabbing my stuff, I didn't even think about having a second copy of something.  As of late, I've been getting some extras but pretty slim picking for now.  I'll keep on searching through my inventory to see what I can come up with for trade and hopefully create a wish list asap.  I know, I know, I know...only 2 more weeks!  I am sooooo....unprepared!  

I would bring them all.  Best bet would be to bring a huge stack to the NEC booth signing.  Worse case hit up the line multiple times.  

5 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I'm still trying to figure out how many is too many to ask Ben to sign.  I have so many that I would love to have autographed!  I guess I'll go for the rare ones.

At Amazon, if there is a Tick display, I am guessing singing books would be limited.

Good luck and have a blast!

Okay, finally settling down from my SDCC 2018 Experience.  Wow!  Too fun!  Great meeting Brian in the real as well as Jeff McCellen!  Now looking at The Registry...guess who's number One?  This guy!  Woohoo!  Finally!  But I suspect not for long.  To be honrst, I know there are at least a half a dozen chaps out there who can easily kick my in the registry...but I'm gonna enjoy my day in the sun for now.  Hey, it looks like Adamantium won a real prize in the registry awards ceremony as well!  We Tick fans rock, thats all I can say!  Now I have to start posting up pics!  Spooooooonnnn!!!

56 minutes ago, PeasOfCrap said:

Anyone know who was signing with Ben at the NEC booth.

Yuppers...let's see...I got Ian Nichols to autograph and sketch one, Jeff McCullough, Cole Townsend, Ben Edlund, and I got a bunch of Sketch covers that Bob Polio worked on while manning the booth!  My apologies to anyone I missed...it was a fast a furious SDCC 2018!...EVEN without Marvel being there!  Vic out

On 7/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, vsndesigns said:

Yuppers...let's see...I got Ian Nichols to autograph and sketch one, Jeff McCullough, Cole Townsend, Ben Edlund, and I got a bunch of Sketch covers that Bob Polio worked on while manning the booth!  My apologies to anyone I missed...it was a fast a furious SDCC 2018!...EVEN without Marvel being there!  Vic out

Cool, where are the pics??

Dude, that's Mr. Gone from The Maxx Series...I remember watching it on Nicelodeon or something.  He was the bad guy and arch nemesis of Maxx the outback rabbit and his keeper.  I probably got that all jacked up, but thats the gist of it.   Vic out.  I was gonna collect Maxx back in those days, but I didn't.  The Tick logo is just a promotional thing for GBJR or Shocker Toys, since they did a short stint.  They were one of those pay us now and we're build them later groups that have seen better days.  I had to pursue them to get my money back on a Tick from Wizard World, but they did better on their second round with The Tick.  At the time their action figures were pretty cutting edge stuff.  I think they had a scuffle with the artist who originally sculpted it too, but this is just off the top of mah head.  Heck, I have 5 of their Tick Action figures so it tells you that I dig the quality of their work...wish they would have produced their Barry Hubris.

2 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

Picked up the last three of these at SDCC, can't seem to find any info on them, they limited to 100. I also picked up some matching numbered sets of comic and blank.

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

The top commic (NEC Ashcan) was release at Boston Comic Con (Fan Expo Boston) last summer.  It was limited to 100 copies.  It was an exclusive to NEC.  It could also be considered a variant cover to the 2017 series of the Tick comic #1.  There's a little more information on them at http://tickcomics.com/tick_2017.html

On 8/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

Anyone know who this is?  I don't recall reading him in any Tick Comics.  One website named him Mr. Gone or something like that.

The Maxx was released on MTV's Oddities along with The Head around the time they were doing Liquid Television. It was a perfect translation of about the first dozen issues of The Maxx by Image in the early 90's.  Man, MTV used to be great, what happened?  As for Mr. Gone, he was a serial killer/rapist that liked to antagonize the social worker who helped Maxx, a homeless guy with a purple costume.

Edited by Oddball