• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I've looked at all the Tick CGCs on the registry.  Are there any 10's out there?  I've seen several 9.8 but nothing higher.  I'm guessing that many of the 9.8 went from the printer's shipping box, to the shelf at a NEC booth at a comic con, then signed and straight to CGC.  How do you get a 10?  (This isn't a complaint - it's just a question of curiosity).  Even with the non signed CGCs that are "new" I can't find a 10.

If I'm looking for comics to submit I want to know I am submitting my best.  :-)

That's a pretty tough question since I've never owned a ten but from what I heard, you have to be right there at the printers to make sure it doesnt break the spine by shear stacking weight or try a grader like PGP? 

Left:  The NEC exclusive ashcan Boston Comic Con edition of Tick 2017 #1 - variant cover.  (Limited to 75)

Center: The NEC exclusive cover of Tick 2017 #1 - variant cover. (Limited to 500)  CGC signed by Mike Lilly (The artist)

Right: The original cover art by Mike Lilly.

12 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I'm assuming you know... but it's a homage to Wolverine #1.

Oh, and you were also looking at the top of my kitchen table - since you asked. :-)

wolverine.JPG

Dude, I had a kitchen table EXACTLY like that a while back ago!  We brought it out from Kansas to California!  Man, you are kicking some royal tush with these!  Great job!  I STILL haven't cleaned up my man cave...gotta start somewhere...before the wifey pooh does the same thing my mom did back in 1969, she (my mom) tossed out my Amazing Spiderman No. 14 since I left it out and under my bed.  I'm sure if I ever had an inkling to replace it I could always just go to ebay and buy one for a couple bucks.  

15 minutes ago, Takineko said:

Not sure if this kinda thing goes in this thread but.

I'm discussing having an Arthur avatar made for me for VRchat with a 3D artist currently, I'll keep you posted if you like?

Please do!  Pretty much anything goes over here.  Except cussing.  Funny huh?  But cool, sometimes I wish other places could do with that

On 2/23/2018 at 1:24 AM, vsndesigns said:

Me with the Gang! WE FOUND ARTHUR!!! BEST NIGHT EVER!!! And...The Tick is Now Available!

IMGP0046.JPG

Pray for me that the photographer finds that pic of me with Griffin QnQ

19 minutes ago, Takineko said:

This VRchat avatar thing might be a bust. I think it will cost around $150 just for someone to make the avatar, not including any emotes it can do.

Hey Taki, howz it?  You know, maybe it's just not yet the time.  It's definitely coming, you can see the writing on the wall.  My guess is that they'll be giving it away or at least at a vastly reduced price in the near future, or you might be able to just copy and paste a snippet of code that might work?  I just think $150 bucks is a little steep for something we used to do for free on like, worlds.com (http://www.worlds.net/WorldsShaper_Overview.html).  

9 hours ago, Takineko said:

Pray for me that the photographer finds that pic of me with Griffin QnQ

Sayyyy...do you think Griffin will be at this year's San Diego Comic Con?  That would be the place to get your photo with him if he does.  Last year he was with Bed Edlund at the New England Comic Books booth signing autographs.  Yeah, I was second or third in line by accident...these happy accident's are AWESOME BTW!  And well, Griffin was very approachable and I hope to see him there again.  My wife are going to be there for 4 days so I plan to see EVERYTHING this time around!  In the meantime, keep trying to get that last photo with you and Griffin, I'm sure you can do it if ANYONE can!  

9 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Hey Taki, howz it?  You know, maybe it's just not yet the time.  It's definitely coming, you can see the writing on the wall.  My guess is that they'll be giving it away or at least at a vastly reduced price in the near future, or you might be able to just copy and paste a snippet of code that might work?  I just think $150 bucks is a little steep for something we used to do for free on like, worlds.com (http://www.worlds.net/WorldsShaper_Overview.html).  

I'm not tech savvy enough to find avatar bases, sculpt them in 3D import them and rerig all the bones and then add my own animations. 

A lot of people are offering cheap avatar custom jobs, but this avatar would likely have to be built from scratch or need tons of modifications so I think that's why this guy's offering was so high-- I might find someone who can model if off an anime girl with bunny ears or something lol

4 minutes ago, vsndesigns said:

Sayyyy...do you think Griffin will be at this year's San Diego Comic Con?  That would be the place to get your photo with him if he does.  Last year he was with Bed Edlund at the New England Comic Books booth signing autographs.  Yeah, I was second or third in line by accident...these happy accident's are AWESOME BTW!  And well, Griffin was very approachable and I hope to see him there again.  My wife are going to be there for 4 days so I plan to see EVERYTHING this time around!  In the meantime, keep trying to get that last photo with you and Griffin, I'm sure you can do it if ANYONE can!  

I've never gone to comic con, and likely won't go to LA again for some time. That was kinda of an expensive impromptu vacation for us lol I think I liked this little thing better than sitting through lines at comic con to have two seconds with everyone. 

2 hours ago, Takineko said:

I'm not tech savvy enough to find avatar bases, sculpt them in 3D import them and rerig all the bones and then add my own animations. 

A lot of people are offering cheap avatar custom jobs, but this avatar would likely have to be built from scratch or need tons of modifications so I think that's why this guy's offering was so high-- I might find someone who can model if off an anime girl with bunny ears or something lol

I hear ya!  

The-Tick-VFX-Breakdown-9.jpg

2 hours ago, Takineko said:

I've never gone to comic con, and likely won't go to LA again for some time. That was kinda of an expensive impromptu vacation for us lol I think I liked this little thing better than sitting through lines at comic con to have two seconds with everyone. 

My wife and I used to fly using Allegiant Airlines since they offered tickets for $35.00 per person each way.  Prior to that we used Southwest airlines for $99.00 each way.  Allegiant is seasonal though, and from only certain locations.  Sometimes we'd have to rent a car from Kansas City and the rent a car always charges like, $19.00 a day...more like $300 bucks after fees and stuff!

1 hour ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I finally received the original art work by Billy Tucci that was done for the Tick comic website.  :-)  Now I wait patiently (sort of) for the digital color version.  I love that he included Johnny Wingless.

BillyTucciTick.jpg

I love the bunny slippers :) the Mickey :) and the smiles all around :) ! CONGRATS ;) 

2 hours ago, Brian Bollinger said:

I finally received the original art work by Billy Tucci that was done for the Tick comic website.  :-)  Now I wait patiently (sort of) for the digital color version.  I love that he included Johnny Wingless.

BillyTucciTick.jpg

Can we say...MIND BLOWN!?  Awesome dude!  Can you provide us with a link to The Tick comic website?  This is my authorized print with original sketch and autographs.  I think Billy Tucci is the bomb!  I really have to pick up some of his Shi comics!

37622492226_5785f4ca04_o.jpg