• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomega's encounter with Comic Keys.....
4 4

43 posts in this topic

I have a list of approximately 15 to 20 people who have received restored books from comic-keys. It sounds like there are a few more to add now, including Tomega and that guy on the ebay boards...

I'm also interested in hearing stories from people who have bought unrestored books from comic-keys. I have yet to meet someone who hasn't received a restored book... frown.gif

Can anbody that actually rec'd books from him verify that the sending address was/is the same as the Rosemary Dupcak address posted in the other thread? (not an invitation to post either address).

Chris

EXCELLENT thread! acclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif the address listed in floral park is the address that i sent payment to when i won under my eBay id "thehurtingman". when i bought from him back in 01, no stall tatics where used, but i was polite in my email and sent my MO out right away. of course he left positive feedback after i did it first. the insufficiently_thoughtful_person is a crook and a dumbarse, and yeah danny boy, that was me who reported you to eBay for falsely stating you're a TITANIUM POWER SELLER. 893naughty-thumb.gif you should be NARU'd, but i'll still have my last laugh when you're going to prison not jail for breaking your 3 year probation that you're currently on from getting busted in 02 for you KNOW what. 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

I figured that we might get lucky on this one. Sometimes the most obvious clues are overlooked.

If this doesn't pin it down, nothing else will.

Supa....I would definately forard this info on to CBG. It was a long time ago, but is there any chance you have record of this?

Chris

On 1/21/2004 at 6:28 PM, lou_fine said:

One more twist to the story. Approx. a year later, I received a letter in the mail from the Office of Lane Evans (Senator or Governor of Illinois) requesting info from customers who had prior dealings with Danny. Gave them a phone call and they expressed extreme interest in my story and requested that I forward them a written statement. Took me a while, but I came up with several pages in my statement which I forwarded to their office. Does anybody know the result of this congressional investigation into the dealings of Danny Dupchak and Fantazia?

Did @Mark Zaid ever comment on this?

I know he had a law suit against DD for child support.

5 minutes ago, The Brain said:

If I remember correctly DD was able to run the clock out on this.

Apparently he still live in Floral Park... I wonder what he is doing in his retirement?

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On 1/21/2004 at 3:28 PM, lou_fine said:

One more twist to the story. Approx. a year later, I received a letter in the mail from the Office of Lane Evans (Senator or Governor of Illinois) requesting info from customers who had prior dealings with Danny. Gave them a phone call and they expressed extreme interest in my story and requested that I forward them a written statement. Took me a while, but I came up with several pages in my statement which I forwarded to their office. Does anybody know the result of this congressional investigation into the dealings of Danny Dupchak and Fantazia?

Did @Mark Zaid ever comment on this?

I know he had a law suit against DD for child support.

I doubt Mark was even involved at this point in time since it was way back in the very early 90's. hm

My thinking is that Danny Boy would have settled something with the Senator's Aide and hence they didn't bother to proceed with anything after that.  (shrug)

But it was certainly a nice enjoyable feeling to be twisting the knife into Danny (what a big crybaby :cry:) and giving him a taste of his own medicine though.  :bigsmile:  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

But it was certainly a nice enjoyable feeling to be twisting the knife into Danny (what a big crybaby :cry:) and giving him a taste of his own medicine though.  :bigsmile:  

You come across as this sweet man but you have a dark side! :whistle:

I think that whatever deal Zaid made for Danny's child support hearing and discovery was sealed, so he couldn't tell us all of the juicy details.

As for what Danny is doing now, he's still selling comics somewhere. Maybe under another username on eBay. Or maybe he's still finding copies of Detective 27  "in attics" and selling them to gullible dealers in Pennsylvania .

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I think that whatever deal Zaid made for Danny's child support hearing and discovery was sealed, so he couldn't tell us all of the juicy details.

As for what Danny is doing now, he's still selling comics somewhere. Maybe under another username on eBay. Or maybe he's still finding copies of Detective 27  "in attics" and selling them to gullible dealers in Pennsylvania .

I’m pretty sure I know the person in the PA area you’re referencing but I don’t know the full details of the story.  I’d love to hear that tale.

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’m pretty sure I know the person in the PA area you’re referencing but I don’t know the full details of the story.  I’d love to hear that tale.

Here's the Cliff Notes version:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/147528-whatever-happened-with-eides-and-the-detective-27-scandal/#comments

Edited by DanCooper

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:
11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

But it was certainly a nice enjoyable feeling to be twisting the knife into Danny (what a big crybaby :cry:) and giving him a taste of his own medicine though.  :bigsmile:  

You come across as this sweet man but you have a dark side! :whistle:

No, that would most certainly NOT be me by a long shot.  :angel:  :devil:

Although I will admit I remember actually giving him calls in between his calls to me just to dig the knife in a little bit deeper whenever I was bored, because he just seem so un-Danny like when the shoe is on the other foot.  Definitely frustrating to start, but so deliciously satisfying in the end.  Even now after almost 30 years, a smile still comes to my face when I think about this dealing I had with Danny Boy.  :bigsmile:  (thumbsu