• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COUPLE TIMELY CAPS and AF 15 - price drops till midnite 11/2/09

44 posts in this topic

Celebrating the arrival of my new scanner; hopefully will work better than the Mustek..... :blush: This sale contains an assortment of cool books. PM's welcome but :takeit: rules. Payment by PayPal personal option or check/money order. Please add $10 shipping to all purchases; Canadian friends have either option of $10 with no guarantee of receipt or $20 REGISTERED mail. (thumbs u

And away we go...... :headbang:

Cap #47 6.5 CR/OW cracked out of slab. Beauty of a book. Classic Schomburg WWII cover! Darn glare at bottom of scan....got to figure out why that happens????:pullhair:

$975

Cap4765.jpg

Cap47bc.jpg

Phil, that might be happening because the book isn't sitting flat on the platen. Sometimes when the CGC holder lifts or suspends slightly higher than the rest of the book in an area because there isn't a large enough clearing or its a tight fit, it creates that kind of artifact (looks like a reflection of the scanning bulb). I'm assuming this is the problem based on my own past experiences and the fact that the scan isn't of the entire book.

No biggie though - book looks great 2thumbs.gif