• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nemesis

23 posts in this topic

While currently this is nothing more than pure conjecture, a quick Google search has led this part-time blogger to believe that the much-hyped, super-secret, forthcoming Mark Millar/Steve McNiven project for Marvel is in fact a Marvelman series.

Millar announced Friday that he and McNiven – his collaborator on Civil War and "Old Man Logan" – are joining forces on Nemesis for the House of Ideas with an expected launch date of March 2010.

"Nemesis" just so happens to be the subtitle of Miracleman #15 , written by Alan Moore and penciled by John T. Totleben.

Considered by many to be the most “shocking,” “disturbing” and “sought-after” appearance of the Mick Anglo creation, the issue features an epic battle between Miracleman and his "nemesis" Kid Miracleman.

Did Millar land the ultimate gig to be the man responsible for folding the classic British hero into the Marvel Universe?

Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada has apparently been listening to pitches since the publisher announced at Comic-Con International that it had purchased the rights to the property. Who better than the Glaswegian scribe to reintroduce Marvelman?

uhm, yeah... I'd read that.

Although I do hope that they keep the "Miracleman" name instead of reverting to "Marvelman"

I know it this is going to sound stupid, but if McFarlame owns the ''MIRACLEMAN'' name and ''80's Logo'' can't MARVEL just buy the rights from him?

I thought that's what the whole legal battle was about b/t Toddy Mac and Neil Gaiman? Was it determined that Todd did, in fact, own the rights to those things?

At this past SDCC Marvel announced that they own the rights. The Marvel staff spend Thursday & Friday in blue MM t-shirts. They were giving them out if you signed up for a year subscription to their digital comics site.

I thought that's what the whole legal battle was about b/t Toddy Mac and Neil Gaiman? Was it determined that Todd did, in fact, own the rights to those things?

At this past SDCC Marvel announced that they own the rights. The Marvel staff spend Thursday & Friday in blue MM t-shirts. They were giving them out if you signed up for a year subscription to their digital comics site.

Yes, but they only have the rights to MARVELman & the 50's british works, but not MIRACLEman or the Alan Moore & Niel Gaiman works. Or the name miracleman or the 80's logo redesign.

right... damn... well that sucks.

a lot.

the original stuff was just hokey and nothing all that special, IMHO...

I hardly care that Marvel has the rights to the original Anglo stuff... the Eclipse remake is all that matters and, really, wasn't that the only thing that was legally up in the air anyway?

I don't really care to see someone else reenvision the character based on the original works. It's been done, and it was done spectacularly. Don't need a redux.

the sentry is marvelman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,but ya I figuerd that ''idea'' may be used as a way they (marvel comics) will introduce ''MARVELman'' in to there universe (and I belive the VOID will either be MARVELMAN trying to break free from the sentrys mind or it's THE BATES trying to escape) :cry::sick::ohnoez:

Ultimately, does it truly matter if they get the Eclipse stuff? Regardless of whether they can reference it, it has the brand recgonition. Hardcore fans will know the history, even if it isn't referenced directly and new readers won't know the difference. They might not be able to do flashbacks, but they could allude to the history indirectly.

I kinda think it matters... that's the most important part of what makes Miracleman Miracleman... I guess they could build directly on it w/o having to ever directly reference the stuff, but it would just feel... hollow, I'm afraid.

Plus I want to see the end of The Silver Age!!!

Regardless, as long as they don't do that mess with The Sentry, I'll pick it up...

I actually really hope they don't try to fold him into the MU... if they do, the Eclipse history will HAVE to be forgotten. Miracleman is a universe unto himself; ideally, they will do a MAX series that is completely separate from the rest of Marvel...

The facts:

Marvel have ONLY bought the following -

1. The entire run of 1950s Marvelman stories to reprint

2. The name "Marvelman" and 1950s Marvelman logo and costume

3. Alan Moore's -script for the 1st three books*

They DO NOT own

1. The name "Miracleman" or the 1980s double-MM logo or costume

2. The ART for Miracleman 1-25, and Gaiman's SCRIPTS for 17-25

3. The Warpsmith or Big Ben characters

:gossip: *I understand Garry Leach is drawing new covers & art-work for this project as we speak.

The facts:

1. The name "Miracleman" or the 1980s double-MM logo or costume

2. The ART for Miracleman 1-25, and Gaiman's SCRIPTS for 17-25

If I remember correctly Todd McFarlame owns the above dosen't he?