• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greg Jortner, ebay seller Paradoxauctions09

51 posts in this topic

i swear to g-d, why anyone would purposefully overgrade a book just boggles my mind.

even if you get ten suckers to buy in without complaint, the amount of headaches you have to deal with of your own creation with the one guy who does complain would render all that moot.

plus, you just lost a buyer permanently.

if you can't grade, don't sell books. period. if you can and overgrade on purpose, you're worse than any press-and-flipper that's ever lived by a couple dozen orders of magnitude

Yet another new victim of Jortner has contacted me. Apparently Jortner is pursuing the development of contacts in the comic community through Craig's List.

I strongly advise anyone contemplating doing business with him, whether buying or selling, first think twice about doing so.

If you believe you have been victimized by Jortner, please feel free to contact me at EsquireComics@aol.com or Mark@MarkZaid.com.

Please excuse the cross-post but I want to ensure any thread discussing Jortner is kept up to date.

Googled him and found this thread. There's a reason I Googled him. He purchased a few books from me, seemed like a nice enough fellow, and it was a fast, friendly, problem-free transaction. At least the first time, but he later became completely sketchy and unreliable when we tried to do a subsequent transaction that he initiated. Just excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Obviously, I didn't have quite the same problems as the ones posted here because I was selling and not buying, but he creates enough of a hassle that I wouldn't wish to do business with him again.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:14 PM, WolverineX said:

So many scams going on in the past week, plus a guy got his wife stolen by Crane... what is going on?  

Scams have always been there, just happen to catch up here and there 

How many people are scammed daily that nobody hears about?

A lot