• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

He could have a billion dollars; it's just wrong to pay that much for that book.

(thumbs u

Why is perspective so lacking in so many who collect comics?

Et...$200K for a 9.6 X-Men #1, while high, is not out of the realm of reason within the context of what that book is.

The difference here could be a 1/128th inch spine impression. That's what might seperate this 9.9 from a strong 9.8.

Or, it could quite literally be nothing, and a number of 9.8s could actually be in better condition than this 9.9.

Is nothing worth $12,000? Is a 1/128th inch spine impression...?

I think etanick was just trying to say that a grown man or woman can spend their money on whatever floats their boat.

That has been repeated over...and over...and over....and over again in this thread.

YES, you can spend your money on anything you want. No one is disputing that.

I have a Maxx #3 Black Ashcan. One of only 2 anyone has publicly seen.

Is it worth $50,000?

Perspective. That's all anyone is talking about.

He could have a billion dollars; it's just wrong to pay that much for that book.

(thumbs u

Et...$200K for a 9.6 X-Men #1, while high, is not out of the realm of reason within the context of what that book is.

The difference here could be a 1/128th inch spine impression. That's what might seperate this 9.9 from a strong 9.8.

Or, it could quite literally be nothing, and a number of 9.8s could actually be in better condition than this 9.9.

I think etanick was just trying to say that a grown man or woman can spend their money on whatever floats their boat.

That has been repeated over...and over...and over....and over again in this thread.

Is it worth $50,000?

Dude, I know what you are saying.

I'm saying that our perspective is likely different than someone else's perspective if they can afford the book

Again, I don't really care. I'm just discussing for the sake of discussion.

C'mon now. If I had a billion dollars....I'd wipe my azz with 12K.

Well, that's why you don't have a billion dollars lol

(thumbs u

Is it worth $50,000?

But if you slabbed it, and sold it on Pedigree because you got lucky if there were two bidders on it at $20K, or $50K, or whatever, would you hve the same feeling?

Something is worth ONLY what somebody will pay for it - and in this case, there were AT LEAST two people willing to pay twelve grand for that book.

About five years ago, I got destroyed for buying a Identity Crisis 4 with the poster insert still intact - I've never seen another one like it - for $250. Nasty, personal attacks (they weren't here). I guarantee that book will sell for more than that now, but I don't want to sell it. Why don't we give this guy the benefit of the doubt - or at least respect what he buys? Its his money. Some people buy twelve thousand dollar comics, and some people buy twelve thousand dollar watches. Personally, I'd rather have the comic.

Let`s wait until we get confirmation from the seller that he`s really received payment. I`m amazed how everyone automatically assumes that just because someone posts anonymously here that he`s the buyer means that he`s really the buyer.

I hope for the seller`s sake that he is for real and that payment will be received soon. However, short of confirmation by the buyer or some sort of confirm from Doug that the poster is for real, I think I`ll just remain skeptical and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be for real.

Tim, Just FYI, I'm pretty sure someone I know spoke to Doug directly and the word is there were not just two, but four people bidding around these numbers... so... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as payment will be received I'm fairly certain.

Let`s wait until we get confirmation from the seller that he`s really received payment. I`m amazed how everyone automatically assumes that just because someone posts anonymously here that he`s the buyer means that he`s really the buyer.

I hope for the seller`s sake that he is for real and that payment will be received soon. However, short of confirmation by the buyer or some sort of confirm from Doug that the poster is for real, I think I`ll just remain skeptical and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be for real.

Grouch :baiting:

:wishluck: for the seller.

Tim, Just FYI, I'm pretty sure someone I know spoke to Doug directly and the word is there were not just two, but four people bidding around these numbers... so... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as payment will be received I'm fairly certain.

got-dang!

That`s great! (thumbs u

Like I said, I`m happy to be pleasantly surprised if the bid is for real and if Boston Corbett is for real. I was just surprised that everyone was immediately willing to believe whatever an anonymous poster posted.