• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

So the other Day I got a creator who everybody said was impossible to sign 2 comics that are going to be SS'd. I was thinking there are very few sigs that I can think of that will be impossible for SS. Now I mention SS because some of these creators sign but just not items that would be eligible for SS.

Here is my list. Before anybody says anything I have tried all these guys at least once either through email request, phone calls, their agents or personal assistants, and public appearances. No amount of charity, money, begging, rarity of item was going to sway them nor do I think it ever will. So here is my list

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

For the record I have signatures from 3 of the 5. They were all hand signed items either done for me or friends of mine who gave or sold them to me. They are not signature series eligible due to size or the type of item they were.

So for fun every body list who they think is impossible. Also list why and what you would have them sign. Also for anybody who wants to take the challenge If you can get anybody on this list to sign for SS. I will bow down to you as a SS god.

So I have recieved a few PM's to tell the Steve Ditko Story. So I guess I will

Kids gather around I'm gonna tell you about when I met Steve Ditko well kinda.

It was 2 or 3 years ago. Without real approval from CGC and against advise of several collectors I tried to visit Steve Ditko.

The Address is listed in the phone book along with the phone number but His apt/office number is not listed. I went to NYC a few days before the NYCC. I took the train over to about a block from his building. I was scared because Ditko's reputation precedes. But if anybody watched Finding Steve Ditko you know Steve Might answer the door and let you in if you are nice. Plus I guess if it is OK for Neil Gaiman and a member of the press to knock on his door why not me? SO I step into the building. They make you sign a sign in sheet and tell them who you are there for. I signed the sheet and Told them I was there to see Ditko. They said He's an artsit right. and I said yes. They said they didn't know which office number he was in but I could go up and look for him. So It is a 15 level building. So I figured picked a random floor. As the elevator opens I saw it The door plate that said S. Ditko. I knocked on the door. No answer. So I called the phone rang 5 times it sounded like a fire station alarm. He answered In a raspy old man voice "Hello". So I said"hello I am trying to reach Steve ditko". Ditko, "That me" Me, Mr Ditko I am a big Fan Today is my birthday and I flew here to meet you is there any way I could shake your hand" Ditko, " Oh no", Me, "Perhaps I could by you lunch" Ditko "No I can't" Me "well Thank you for your time" Ditko, " no problem". Then I thought about it and called back. Ditko, " Hello" Me, " Mr. Ditko Could I pay you 100 dollars to sign one comic for me" Ditko, " Kid let me ask you something" Me, "Yes Mr. Ditko" Ditko, " Do you not know the meaning of the word no" Me, " I understand the meaning of the word no but I was hoping there was some way to persuade you" Ditko, "NO MEANS NO KID!" Then he slamed the phone.

SO there is the story. I hope I don't get banned from being a witness for telling the full unedited story. But hopefully if they didn't ban me then they won't ban me now.

Kris

So I have recieved a few PM's to tell the Steve Ditko Story. So I guess I will

Kids gather around I'm gonna tell you about when I met Steve Ditko well kinda.

It was 2 or 3 years ago. Without real approval from CGC and against advise of several collectors I tried to visit Steve Ditko.

The Address is listed in the phone book along with the phone number but His apt/office number is not listed. I went to NYC a few days before the NYCC. I took the train over to about a block from his building. I was scared because Ditko's reputation precedes. But if anybody watched Finding Steve Ditko you know Steve Might answer the door and let you in if you are nice. Plus I guess if it is OK for Neil Gaiman and a member of the press to knock on his door why not me? SO I step into the building. They make you sign a sign in sheet and tell them who you are there for. I signed the sheet and Told them I was there to see Ditko. They said He's an artsit right. and I said yes. They said they didn't know which office number he was in but I could go up and look for him. So It is a 15 level building. So I figured picked a random floor. As the elevator opens I saw it The door plate that said S. Ditko. I knocked on the door. No answer. So I called the phone rang 5 times it sounded like a fire station alarm. He answered In a raspy old man voice "Hello". So I said"hello I am trying to reach Steve ditko". Ditko, "That me" Me, Mr Ditko I am a big Fan Today is my birthday and I flew here to meet you is there any way I could shake your hand" Ditko, " Oh no", Me, "Perhaps I could by you lunch" Ditko "No I can't" Me "well Thank you for your time" Ditko, " no problem". Then I thought about it and called back. Ditko, " Hello" Me, " Mr. Ditko Could I pay you 100 dollars to sign one comic for me" Ditko, " Kid let me ask you something" Me, "Yes Mr. Ditko" Ditko, " Do you not know the meaning of the word no" Me, " I understand the meaning of the word no but I was hoping there was some way to persuade you" Ditko, "NO MEANS NO KID!" Then he slamed the phone.

SO there is the story. I hope I don't get banned from being a witness for telling the full unedited story. But hopefully if they didn't ban me then they won't ban me now.

Kris

Here's the "Michael doesn't feel like getting a strike today"-version of what I was about to post:

You should have listened to the "advise of several collectors" and stayed away.