• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009, Reflecting back ...

45 posts in this topic

As 2009 comes to a close, there are some incredible last minute additions on the CAF from some of the heavy hitters.

Fantastic Four #112 by John Buscema (Doc V)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=590603&GSub=3039

These might be the two most impressive pieces that I have seen all year.

holy poop.

I apologise for not writing in before but the firewalls at my work stop me being able to view the CAF. I can access this site but it won't let me view any pictures uploaded either :( Then when I'm at home at night I just plain and simply forget....!

So I'm sorry in advance for having no scans to show you. Or a link to my CAF :(

2009 was perhaps the best year I've ever had with regard to original art. I stepped back in to a better job and went a little bezerk.

I started the year with a piece very dear to my heart:

- Frank Miller - Daredevil 163 cover.

After that I managed to be in the right place at the right time and managed to score the holy grail of many British comic and art collectors.

- Mick McMahon - 2000AD Issue 2 pages 28-32 (first Judge Dredd appearance)

I also managed 5 pages from each of the issues I'd like to complete:

- John Romita Jr. X-Men 183 and 191

- Alan Davis - X-Men 213

There were other pieces but these meant the most to me. I've also decided to concentrate on my own graphic novel this year so I won't be buying very much. Obviously if any pages from those three issues become available then I hope I'd be in a position to get something.

I hope to participate more but at least I've made a start.

Cheers

John

Hi Hal.

My last name is Bamber. It's always been my nickname.

Hi Irchooker.

Uncanny X-Men 213 is has always been one of my all time favourite issues. When 5 pages popped up onto a friends radar I just happened to get to them first. While I'd love to complete the whole issue I only know the location of one other page. I think it's going to be exceptionally difficult to do it.