• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,877 posts in this topic

Was looking for my copy of The Maltese Falcon comic book to share interiors with Robot Man and  instead found my copy of this book. It was in a box labeled Misc. Juvenile Comics. I need to get better organized. Still, happy to have this one. Seems like it went up in price recently. Back cover looks better than the front cover. -

1739118185_MarvelFamily77.jpg.0030f007e3be7a4a58dfd1ddfde2891e.jpg

4 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Was looking for my copy of The Maltese Falcon comic book to share interiors with Robot Man and  instead found my copy of this book. It was in a box labeled Misc. Juvenile Comics. I need to get better organized. Still, happy to have this one. Seems like it went up in price recently. Back cover looks better than the front cover. -

A book that cool I don't think I would mis-file, but it is tough organizing golden age. For silver, that's easy: it goes by company, then alphabetically, until I have enough to break out into a title's own box like ASM or Superman. For GA, it's by genre with some exceptions, such as I like to have all my Fiction House books together.  :sumo:

The genres get a bit blurry sometimes: there are westerns, there are romance books - so does that mean I have to keep western-romance books between the two genres??  hm

On 10/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, JoeRock said:

Saw this awhile back in a blog about Mary Marvel, so when it was listed on the bay, I instantly recognized what it was. I’m a sucker for promo items. 1942 newsstand promotional display for Mary. Very happy to have this

0C8DCD4D-37F5-4F9A-8D18-E1F151618D0B.jpeg

Very cool. I love stuff like that. Such hard to find stuff and really compliments my comic book collection. Congrats!

15 hours ago, Scrooge said:

1739118185_MarvelFamily77.jpg.0030f007e3be7a4a58dfd1ddfde2891e.jpg

Yeah, that one has gotton hot. Maltese Falcon would probably go into my crime boxes or misc GA. I’d have to see it. 

I have my books by major publishers and genres. Some times I end up putting a book like Mr District Attorney by DC in my crime boxes though. I often have to look in two boxes. I also have one box of pedigrees. I often forget I have a ped of a book and forget it. So, three boxes...:roflmao:

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Maltese Falcon would probably go into my crime boxes or misc GA. I’d have to see it. 

Well, my first instinct was to look in my "literary adaptations that are not Classics Illustrated" box ... but it wasn't there. So, I went to look at the box that might have my Smash, Crack, and Hit books. In there, instead of finding any Smash or Crack, I only found some Hits and this Marvel Family :frustrated:So, now not only can't I find the Maltese Falcon (ironically) but I wonder where my Smash are ...

I do keep all my Atlas and all my Fiction House together and I won't admit to how many Dell boxes I have :blush:

16 hours ago, Scrooge said:

So, now not only can't I find the Maltese Falcon (ironically) but I wonder where my Smash are ...

16 hours ago, Scrooge said:

and I won't admit to how many Dell boxes I have 

First world problems :kidaround:

20 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Well, my first instinct was to look in my "literary adaptations that are not Classics Illustrated" box ... but it wasn't there. So, I went to look at the box that might have my Smash, Crack, and Hit books. In there, instead of finding any Smash or Crack, I only found some Hits and this Marvel Family :frustrated:So, now not only can't I find the Maltese Falcon (ironically) but I wonder where my Smash are ...

I do keep all my Atlas and all my Fiction House together and I won't admit to how many Dell boxes I have :blush:

It’s the bane of a comic collector’s existence to try and keep things sorted.  Too many possibilities and crossovers.  Must be nice to be one of those people who just collects one title.  

On 10/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, Robot Man said:

I have my books by major publishers and genres. Some times I end up putting a book like Mr District Attorney by DC in my crime boxes though. I often have to look in two boxes. I also have one box of pedigrees. I often forget I have a ped of a book and forget it. So, three boxes...

I can sort by pedigree, publisher, era, genre, size or artist.  To avoid offending, I use all of these to one degree or another.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, Scrooge said:

Same here, regarding the Atlas and Fiction House books, and also Archie, DC, EC, and Dell. A lot of Hillman books reside together, too. It sounds like a lot of publishers broken out, but not when you consider the number of publishers in the 50's especially. And as far as the Dell boxes go, I have plenty of those as well. For one, they're so affordable, and a box with say Bugs or Donald in it is bound to have a dozen or more Dell Giants and those things take up a LOT of room in the boxes. So worth it, though, as great examples of Americana!! :cloud9:

(Oh, and then there is that nasty complication of some books being in mylar and residing in magazine boxes while the poly-bagged (egads, I know!) books can still fit in a massaged short box.)

Edited by PopKulture

I never thought of putting all my Atlas books all together. That would be quite the task. There are SO many genres. I file them by genre. I like seeing them with their counterparts. And then, there is breaking up titles like Submariner and Human Torch. They stay in my Timely boxes. 

SA is easy. There is Marvel, DC and the rest. I do have my “key” Marvel and DCs in separate boxes though.