• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 27 cgc 4.5 PLOD (Ext)

67 posts in this topic

I bought that copy from bluechip...it was a cgc 1.0 missing half the back cover...bluechip also had a back cover so I had matt nelson marry the 2...cost me about 45k... I sold it when I upgraded to and unrestored copy...

But quite honestly, 45k is a great price...I believe metro owns it so unlikely they would (or imo should) sell it for less than 45k... (Thumbs u

Yeah, I was surprised you let it go so soon, but then you've "rented" quite a few nice books.

Compare that book to some others that've sold for 45K and I agree it makes more sense to hold it than undersell it.

Interesting this comes up at the same time as the Batman 1 since these were the best two instances I ever had of finding a match for a missing piece (although the back cover to this was actually nicer than the rest of the book, so it wasn't as unusual a match as the Bat 1).

As you know, Rick, when you see scans of the original book and the donor back cover it seems less a big deal than it sounds, especially considering how common split spine books are in GA because of the way kids would fold them back to read them).

Since the same poster asked about both books it might be educational to mention there was an actual "piece added" to the Tec 27 but as I recall it was a newsstand clip chip (common for that era) at the edge of the logo -- which meant the only replacement needed was in a solid color area. Not as minimal as filling in blank paper but still a world of difference between that and recreating text and/or artwork. (and I've seen more than a few GA books with a similar logo chip missing that were not greatly affected in grade)

Well the C-Link Tec 27 PLOD 7.0 (Ext) looked unreal (more like a 9.0). It sold for just 10K more than the 4.5 listed now at CC. Perhaps that was the deal one should have had ...

Link:

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3Ddetective%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D27%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DCATEG%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=791618

doh!

I bought that copy from bluechip...it was a cgc 1.0 missing half the back cover...bluechip also had a back cover so I had matt nelson marry the 2...cost me about 45k... I sold it when I upgraded to and unrestored copy...

But quite honestly, 45k is a great price...I believe metro owns it so unlikely they would (or imo should) sell it for less than 45k... (Thumbs u

Yeah, I was surprised you let it go so soon, but then you've "rented" quite a few nice books.

Compare that book to some others that've sold for 45K and I agree it makes more sense to hold it than undersell it.

Interesting this comes up at the same time as the Batman 1 since these were the best two instances I ever had of finding a match for a missing piece (although the back cover to this was actually nicer than the rest of the book, so it wasn't as unusual a match as the Bat 1).

As you know, Rick, when you see scans of the original book and the donor back cover it seems less a big deal than it sounds, especially considering how common split spine books are in GA because of the way kids would fold them back to read them).

Since the same poster asked about both books it might be educational to mention there was an actual "piece added" to the Tec 27 but as I recall it was a newsstand clip chip (common for that era) at the edge of the logo -- which meant the only replacement needed was in a solid color area. Not as minimal as filling in blank paper but still a world of difference between that and recreating text and/or artwork. (and I've seen more than a few GA books with a similar logo chip missing that were not greatly affected in grade)

Well the C-Link Tec 27 PLOD 7.0 (Ext) looked unreal (more like a 9.0). It sold for just 10K more than the 4.5 listed now at CC. Perhaps that was the deal one should have had ...

Link:

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3Ddetective%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D27%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DCATEG%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=791618

doh!

:blush:

Link:

doh!

come on now B...you were offered the book many times :foryou:

Link:

actually, I sold that book to a fellow boardie (thumbs u

it does present so much nicer than the grade, but has an "unfixable" bend in the book, hence the grade...but does look SUWHEAT and went "cheaper" because it was to a fellow boardie

we actually got a 60K+ offer on it, after it had already been committed

When did you get it? The book I am speaking of was sold to a dealer in the early '00's.

'course the one I had didn't have anything I would've called an unfixable bend. And I suppose what look like stains at the top could be on the slab. I remember the red was off register a bit, but perhaps not the same as this one. Damn, it was easy with the bat 1 because of that unusual bottom spine register. Gotta dig up the pic of the one I am thinking of to see if it's the same. Thinking now it may not be and might just be damn close

I am gonna try to dig up those scans to see if it's the same one

it was sold via heritage last year, and to me earlier this year

Man - these books circulates around. I wonder if we will see more Tec 27s surface in the near future? Currently the only copies I saw available are the two listings at Comic Connect, Or have I overlooked any?

Ang.Sil

Link:

actually, I sold that book to a fellow boardie (thumbs u

it does present so much nicer than the grade, but has an "unfixable" bend in the book, hence the grade...but does look SUWHEAT and went "cheaper" because it was to a fellow boardie

we actually got a 60K+ offer on it, after it had already been committed

When did you get it? The book I am speaking of was sold to a dealer in the early '00's.

'course the one I had didn't have anything I would've called an unfixable bend. And I suppose what look like stains at the top could be on the slab. I remember the red was off register a bit, but perhaps not the same as this one. Damn, it was easy with the bat 1 because of that unusual bottom spine register. Gotta dig up the pic of the one I am thinking of to see if it's the same. Thinking now it may not be and might just be damn close

I am gonna try to dig up those scans to see if it's the same one

it was sold via heritage last year, and to me earlier this year

Man - these books circulates around. I wonder if we will see more Tec 27s surface in the near future? Currently the only copies I saw available are the two listings at Comic Connect, Or have I overlooked any?

Ang.Sil

they are available, if you know who to ask :baiting:

I have had 5 in the last couple of years...each time I get one, I end up selling (just can't hold onto the slippery suckers!)

You could if you really wanted to ?

Methinks you like the thrill of the chase rather than the holding of the book.

I tend to agree

agreed...once you have owned pretty much every book you want to, the chase becomes just as important as the holding... and, since I am recycling, gives me something to do lol

Link:

doh!

hence the constant slapping of my forehead.... ;)

Link:

doh!

hence the constant slapping of my forehead.... ;)

:cry:

I tend to agree

agreed...once you have owned pretty much every book you want to, the chase becomes just as important as the holding... and, since I am recycling, gives me something to do

zzz

I tend to agree

agreed...once you have owned pretty much every book you want to, the chase becomes just as important as the holding... and, since I am recycling, gives me something to do

zzz

how bout them Vikings :baiting:

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but it may confirm some history on a copy of Tec #27 of which I now own the original BC.

From comparing scans, it looks as though the Tec #27 CGC 1.0 had its BC removed (the one I now own), replaced with a more complete BC, then restored to a 4.5.

I don’t have high resolution scans of the restored 4.5, but it appears to have remnants of the same dark staining in the upper left corner of the FC and above the 10-cent logo. I imagine these are the same books originally discussed in this thread?

B3E145BB-9509-4407-BE60-7FF20B4475BB.jpeg

E8DC2675-743B-4874-844C-CEB6BE8F9BB9.jpeg

ED59BB65-4522-43A6-8577-17A6F24A5014.jpeg

3CCD0400-FA14-48BB-8782-2FD8978E4590.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Nice detrective work !  Personally , I’d rather own in its original 1.0 unrestored form. 

Back in the early 80's when I bought my Tec 27 from E. Gerber it looked just like that 1.0 but with a great back cover. I wish I left it alone but :makepoint: