• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 27 cgc 4.5 PLOD (Ext)

67 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. It didn’t take too much detective work. I knew my BC originated from the CGC 1.0 copy, so for it to have been removed, the old 1.0 had to have been restored into something else.

So I combed through my archives to find restored copies with married back covers. Once I found the 4.5, I noticed the similarities between it and the old CGC 1.0. Then a simple Google search brought me to this 10-year old thread and wouldn’t you know...the story was here on the boards all along.

8 hours ago, woowoo said:

Back in the early 80's when I bought my Tec 27 from E. Gerber it looked just like that 1.0 but with a great back cover. I wish I left it alone but :makepoint:

It was the early 80’s. Different time in the hobby.  You should have called me. I would have left my high school classes to talk to you about it. 

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

CGC's Purple Label of death denoting restoration - not anathema to me of course.

I thought it was Doom but either works 🤷🏽‍♂️

On 11/29/2009 at 6:01 PM, G.A.tor said:

actually, I sold that book to a fellow boardie (thumbs u

it does present so much nicer than the grade, but has an "unfixable" bend in the book, hence the grade...but does look SUWHEAT and went "cheaper" because it was to a fellow boardie

we actually got a 60K+ offer on it, after it had already been committed

Just saw this -- 9+ years later   LOL    The 7.0 exp(P) referred to -- Thank you a million times Rick, still have it and it's doing just fine!:luhv:

tec27.jpg

Edited by fishbone

Just now, Mr bla bla said:

Holy cow ...

Rick is and always will be the man  ......  steered me away from a 4.5 ext (P) frankenbook at the time and hooked me up with this beauty, couldn't be happier. So fair to fellow boardies and so damn knowledgeable. Hope he recovers from his recent disaster, just too good a dude not to !!

6 hours ago, fishbone said:
6 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Holy cow ...

Rick is and always will be the man  ......  steered me away from a 4.5 ext (P) frankenbook at the time and hooked me up with this beauty, couldn't be happier. So fair to fellow boardies and so damn knowledgeable. Hope he recovers from his recent disaster, just too good a dude not to !!

Agreed 10000%!

50 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I  need to know Fish, how do you feel whenever you hold and look at your Tec 27?  

I was so glad someone revived this thread from so long ago, because I had never noticed it back in 2009 with Rick talking about just selling his 7.0 to a "boardie"  (me). That was so cool to read some of the history that even I didn't know. I knew about the Heritage sale, but didn't know it had previously gone thru C-Link, and what the previous prices were.

So this thread made me pull it out again, together with my Action1 , and I feel just so fortunate to have been in a position to get these two mega books when they became available via Rick. Ten years forward, i.e now, and no way these two books end up in my hands.  Just crazy to own these.  :cloud9:

Edited by fishbone

On 4/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, fishbone said:

Ty