• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of Commissions from Josh Howard

5 posts in this topic

A couple of great commissions came today from Josh Howard. :)

The first piece is Frank Black and Legion from the TV Show "Millennium".

FrankBlackAndLegion.jpg

The second piece is definitely one of my favorite pieces in the collection. :)

After I read issue 4 of Dead@17 Afterbirth I was overcome with grief at the loss of my favorite character, Hazy Foss. I knew that I had to have a commission done with Hazy and her family since she was now being reunited with them.

So I came up with the idea that Hazy has just arrived in Heaven and she is being reunited with Elijah and Nyah. One of the main things that I wanted in the piece was Hazy showing her wings because she is still unaccustomed to having them unlike Elijah and Nyah who have theirs hidden. I also wanted the portrait to be taken in front of the Gates of Heaven. Other then that I let Josh do what he wanted with the piece.

The final piece is outstanding. I knew what I was wanting the piece to look like in my mind and Josh absolutely surpassed what I had imagined.

Definitely a great tribute to my favorite character that I will always cherish. :)

HazyFamilyPortrait.jpg

Yep The new sketchbook "Scream!!!" included a few of the commissions that I had Josh do. It has the Frank Black and Legion piece, the "Mister Mystery #16" Cover Recreation, and the "Venus #19" Cover Recreation. :)

I am really looking forward to the next arc as well as the source book. It is definitely going to be a good year for Dead@17. :D