• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

As the Con Wars heat up, Wizard has announced some guests and it looks like there are going to be some big guns this time. (At least bigger than they've had in recent yers, lol!)

I will be attending C2E2 in 2010 and I wasn't planning on attending the next Wizard World Chicago, but I would love to meet Shatner. Anybody know what he charges for an autograph? I've heard that Adam West charges $80, is that correct?

Seeing the initial guests for WW Chicago really puts the difference between that show and the C2E2 show in contrast - C2E2's first couple of announcements were for a bunch of comic book superstars (Jeff Smith, Alex Ross, Mike Mignola, etc), whereas Wizard seems to think that a bunch of vintage TV stars that are all regulars on the con circuit will draw the big (comic book) crowds :doh:

I will be attending C2E2 in 2010 and I wasn't planning on attending the next Wizard World Chicago, but I would love to meet Shatner. Anybody know what he charges for an autograph? I've heard that Adam West charges $80, is that correct?

Already have tix and a hotel for C2E2 and for the first time ever, I was planning on skipping Wizard.

Shatner was $75 at DragonCon this year. I bit the bullet and paid for the autograph (hey it's Shatner) and we were really rushed through. He was very cool though and talked to my wife for a second after she wished him luck at the Emmys. He was incredibly funny at his panel appearances with Leonard Nimoy! If he does a panel it's definitely worth seeing!

Shatner charged $75 at the Wizard NY show as well. I'm assuming that's his price going forward. He seems to be signed up for the whole Wizard tour in 2010. Maybe by Chicago he'll reconsider that price.

Wizard is becoming an autograph show. We'll see how long this new revenue stream lasts for them.

Just found out that the Scorpions and Michael Schenker Group will be playing right down the road from the convention on Saturday, August 21st at the Rosemont Theatre. Not sure if Wizard will have any evening events, but the farewell tour for the Scorps isn't a bad option if you'll already be in the area.

It's cool to read the beginning of this thread, with the vibe that C2E2 was going to be THE event in Chicago and WWChicago an afterthought, well after attending C2E2 we can safely say that is not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:

WWChicago has always been my favourite show on the planet, and I hope that never changes.

Jim

It's cool to read the beginning of this thread, with the vibe that C2E2 was going to be THE event in Chicago and WWChicago an afterthought, well after attending C2E2 we can safely say that is not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:

WWChicago has always been my favourite show on the planet, and I hope that never changes.

Jim

No, that's not cool - it's pretty depressing, actually.

Have you looked at the comic book guest list for the Chicago Comic-Con? It's ridiculously awful, and shows that Shamus doesn't give a about the "comic" aspect of the convention.

Jim

Have you looked at the comic book guest list for the Chicago Comic-Con? It's ridiculously awful, and shows that Shamus doesn't give a about the "comic" aspect of the convention.

That's kind of where I was going without succumbing to negativity, Eeyore. Still hoping for some good creator announcements . . . :wishluck:

Jim

That's kind of where I was going without succumbing to negativity, Eeyore. Still hoping for some good creator announcements . . . :wishluck:

I hope for the best, but am prepared for the worst.