• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

I believe some artists actually avoid Wizard shows.

I would like another Sayger. I have gotten a sketch from him at every show we have both attended this year. I would also like a Texeira sketch. Probably Ghost Rider. He knocks it out of the park.

Is there any indication that there are going to be some artist/creator announcements in the next month or so? :wishluck:

Couple things I'm dying to mention.... ;) Not sure if SDCC will time out well for us in that regard, Chicago might be more likely. I'll keep you posted. :)

Is there any indication that there are going to be some artist/creator announcements in the next month or so? :wishluck:

Couple things I'm dying to mention.... ;) Not sure if SDCC will time out well for us in that regard, Chicago might be more likely. I'll keep you posted. :)

We need speedy announcements, so we can get our books ready for potential SS opportunities :baiting:

We need speedy announcements, so we can get our books ready for potential SS opportunities :baiting:

Oh! Ha, I thought we were talking about new project-oriented announcements. As for guests, here's what we have barring last minute announcements:

Avatar guests at SDCC: Mike Wolfer, Jacen Burrows, William Christensen, Brian Pulido, Max Brooks, Rich Johnston.

Avatar guests at Chicago Comic Con: Mike Wolfer, William Christensen, Brian Pulido, Matt Martin, Rich Johnston, me.

It's cool to read the beginning of this thread, with the vibe that C2E2 was going to be THE event in Chicago and WWChicago an afterthought, well after attending C2E2 we can safely say that is not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:

WWChicago has always been my favourite show on the planet, and I hope that never changes.

Jim

No, that's not cool - it's pretty depressing, actually.

Have you looked at the comic book guest list for the Chicago Comic-Con? It's ridiculously awful, and shows that Shamus doesn't give a about the "comic" aspect of the convention.

I've never gone to a comic convention for the guest list so I can't comment on that aspect. My main criteria is the dealers room and selection, and for that WW Chicago is world class. The atmosphere during the convention AND after hours also exceeds every other convention I attend on a regular basis including NYC, C2E2, Megacon, Ohio, Baltimore, Philly, Motor City, FanExpo etc etc

Hopefully WWChicago can improve it's comic book guest list, so it can be everything to everybody :wishluck:

Jim

This will be my 27th Chicago Comicon in a row. :banana:

I will be rooming with catrick339 which means my liver might not survive trying to keep up with that guy. lol

Aw, c'mon. I turn 56 that weekend, (Well, close, August 24) and will now admit to being in my late youth.

That means that a 12 pack does the job that a couple cases used to, lol

As long as I don't drink more than one night with Steve Borock, and you avoid him entirely, we'll be just fine!

:headbang:

I've been (IIRC) to 33 of the 35. The first (at the Playboy tower) was my first comicon. It was amazing to see all those cool books in one room :cloud9:

I missed a couple in the early '90s, but hope to never miss another :wishluck:

I've been (IIRC) to 33 of the 35. The first (at the Playboy tower) was my first comicon. It was amazing to see all those cool books in one room :cloud9:

That's very cool. Chicago in the late 80's was my first major show. Like you, I was blown away by seeing all the big books in one place.

I thought the guest list at C2E2 was amazing. As an SS fanatic I would still go to that show over any WW I've seen announced this year.

Unless they suddenly announce some kind of creator assault on artist alley here soon, I can't even see making the short trip back to Chicago for this.

Me too!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be in attendance this year. The combination of general apathy, PLUS the fact that it has been moved to the weekend before Baltimore, plus the fact that I'll be in Chicago the weekend of the 7th, makes it difficult for me to get there.

If I'm not going, somebody should pick up the Forum Dinner ball...

It's cool to read the beginning of this thread, with the vibe that C2E2 was going to be THE event in Chicago and WWChicago an afterthought, well after attending C2E2 we can safely say that is not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:

WWChicago has always been my favourite show on the planet, and I hope that never changes.

Jim

Have you looked at the comic book guest list for the Chicago Comic-Con? It's ridiculously awful, and shows that Shamus doesn't give a about the "comic" aspect of the convention.

I've never gone to a comic convention for the guest list so I can't comment on that aspect. My main criteria is the dealers room and selection, and for that WW Chicago is world class. The atmosphere during the convention AND after hours also exceeds every other convention I attend on a regular basis including NYC, C2E2, Megacon, Ohio, Baltimore, Philly, Motor City, FanExpo etc etc

Hopefully WWChicago can improve it's comic book guest list, so it can be everything to everybody :wishluck:

Jim

Same here. Been waiting for folks to start to talk about Chicago Comic Con. Went there last year with my son and we had a blast! It took us two days to get through all the dealers. Right now according to Chicago Comic Con's web-site, the dealer list looks small but maybe that's just me. Will the dealer room be as large as last year's?

Oh! Ha, I thought we were talking about new project-oriented announcements. As for guests, here's what we have barring last minute announcements:

Avatar guests at SDCC: Mike Wolfer, Jacen Burrows, William Christensen, Brian Pulido, Max Brooks, Rich Johnston.

Avatar guests at Chicago Comic Con: Mike Wolfer, William Christensen, Brian Pulido, Matt Martin, Rich Johnston, me.

No Ennis? You need to bring your big boys to the big shows.

Jim

Jim

(tsk) You can't beat drinking with Minh the Merciless in a foreign city!

That is really cool! Man, I would have LOVED to have made it to those early ones! Bill Gaines, Harvey Kurtzman, etc.

Not that I'm complaining too much. My first one was 1984 where I met Jack Kirby.

Jim

Jim

The Wizard World Chicago show is also the best in my opinion for socializing with friends and fellow geeks. Almost every major hotel is literally within walking distance of the con and everything is local including eateries, bars, gyms, etc.

The Hyatt bar and lobby (the host hotel attached to the convention center) never has a dull moment and on Friday and Saturday nites is just a great spot to hang out. Maybe the most fun of any con I've been to.

After being to C2E2, NYC (last two shows) and a slew of other shows where everybody seems to be spread out all over the city this show is a welcome change.

Can't wait!