• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

Hey! Sorry to ask this again but I'm hoping someone here can answer.

My son and I went to Chicago Comic Con last year and had a blast! Don't care for the "celebrities" or the Artists (sorry), mainly checking out the dealers. There was a ton last year that it took 2 days to really see them all.

My question again: will there be the same amount of dealers as last year. According to Wizard's web-site, it looks small to me. Anybody here that can answer this? Thanks.

I will be setting up yet again with the almighty Moondog :banana: ....based on our current inventory it looks to be a very promising show :)

Your wife will be giving birth that weekend, you won't be around :baiting:

I've already laid bets in Vegas that you'll have a son on Sunday August 22nd, mark my words.

Jim

The Wizard World Chicago show is also the best in my opinion for socializing with friends and fellow geeks. Almost every major hotel is literally within walking distance of the con and everything is local including eateries, bars, gyms, etc.

The Hyatt bar and lobby (the host hotel attached to the convention center) never has a dull moment and on Friday and Saturday nites is just a great spot to hang out. Maybe the most fun of any con I've been to.

After being to C2E2, NYC (last two shows) and a slew of other shows where everybody seems to be spread out all over the city this show is a welcome change.

Can't wait!

Agreed!

i'll be there with a new collection of the past 4 years worth of books all in order b/b and all for $2 each or 3 for 5 on fri be $1 each by sat afternoon, 60 boxes

also have jason craig artist of wolverine 900 at the booth siging along with the voice of the clown from spawn mike nicolsi. have some silver age and weird stuff as well

Shatner was $75 at DragonCon this year. I bit the bullet and paid for the autograph (hey it's Shatner) and we were really rushed through. He was very cool though and talked to my wife for a second after she wished him luck at the Emmys. He was incredibly funny at his panel appearances with Leonard Nimoy! If he does a panel it's definitely worth seeing!

Argh.... I've wanted to meet Mr. S for about 40 years (as Kirk was my first hero), but that is a bit stiff.

The only day I can make it is 8/21 (when there's supposed to be a Shatner/Stewart panel).

Having never been to a con, do I have to camp out to make sure I get to see the panel or (if I can scrape the coin together) a Shatner autograph?

(shrug)

I just finalized my travel plans. Will be attending Thurs - Saturday & staying at the Intercontinental O'Hare (Big Pimpin') lol

See you guys soon.

If anybody who gets 9.8 slabs from me will be attending, let me know and I will bring them with me.

I just finalized my travel plans. Will be attending Thurs - Saturday & staying at the Intercontinental O'Hare (Big Pimpin') lol

See you guys soon.

If anybody who gets 9.8 slabs from me will be attending, let me know and I will bring them with me.

Bring mine, please :baiting:

See you guys soon.

Already looking forward to a slider run.