• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my g.a. pedigree run
2 2

762 posts in this topic

frisco.jpg

(worship)

the new owner, i'm sure, thanks you. mine no longer.

Didn't that used to be mine?

for 17 minutes.

It was mine for over ten years. I didn't realize it was the SF copy. :tonofbricks:

And I didn't realize it would get a blue label :sorry:

still have the venus lost valley from a few pages back, but this is definitely the one i'da chosen for the thread if i'da had it yet. LOVE this wally wood cover. this book really has better colors than my few gaines books.

ws13lostvalley.jpg

I love pedigree books. There is so much history there on each pedigree. My Marvel Mystery run has 33 pedigree copies in it.

I'm still awaiting that invite to Stephan Manor to witness this Penultimate Display of Timely goodness. :baiting::foryou:

I'd be up for that

Billy, so just confirm that you do have a representative copy of each GA pedigree?

If not, what are you missing?

all of them, according to my list of cgc peds, even the now defrocked ones, like circle 8, toledo, diamond run. the only one not pictured, i now realize, is the river city---sold the originally posted one to ricky, and when i replaced it [immediately!], i never scanned in the new one. other than that one, there should be one [at least] of each ped posted on these pages. if you see an omission, please tell me, as there are worse things than putting a new ped on your want list!

Billy, so just confirm that you do have a representative copy of each GA pedigree?

well, having the dontwannas real bad at work today on this t'giving wednesday, mr. carey's inquiry got me to thinking/internet searching. pulled up mattie and steve's global g.a. ped list from their website. took each ped they listed that wasn't already on my cgc list, and then ran a heritage archive search for that name, thinking that if cgc recognized it, h'tage was bound to have sold at least one over the years. i knew peds like williamsport, new hampshire, cookeville... were advertised as peds when sold on h'tage, but wanted to confirm that cgc labels DID NOT note 'em. i indeed confirmed a lack of cgc designation on ALL BUT ONE obscure ped listed by the boys for their upcoming [yeah, right] book---the SHERWOOD pedigree. the h'tage search turned up a single book ever sold with such a label designation, a police comic, can't recall the number. suddenly, there i sat, not owning a g.a. ped recognized, now or formerly, by cgc. not sure what hives look like, but something weird started breaking out on my arms and face, and especially on my thumbs which are used for, yes, thumbing up g.a. books. didn't much like it, so got back on the 'net. and, in all my seaches, ONE BOOK was available. fortunately, said book has one of the greatest g.a. covers every drawn [cough, cough], and now i own it.

thanks go to sacentaur for inspiring me to have the fun of discovering/buying what i think to be a very rare pedigree.

batman22.jpg

well, having the dontwannas real bad at work today on this t'giving wednesday, mr. carey's inquiry got me to thinking/internet searching. pulled up mattie and steve's global g.a. ped list from their website. took each ped they listed that wasn't already on my cgc list, and then ran a heritage archive search for that name, thinking that if cgc recognized it, h'tage was bound to have sold at least one over the years. i knew peds like williamsport, new hampshire, cookeville... were advertised as peds when sold on h'tage, but wanted to confirm that cgc labels DID NOT note 'em. i indeed confirmed a lack of cgc designation on ALL BUT ONE obscure ped listed by the boys for their upcoming [yeah, right] book---the SHERWOOD pedigree. the h'tage search turned up a single book ever sold with such a label designation, a police comic, can't recall the number. suddenly, there i sat, not owning a g.a. ped recognized, now or formerly, by cgc. not sure what hives look like, but something weird started breaking out on my arms and face, and especially on my thumbs which are used for, yes, thumbing up g.a. books. didn't much like it, so got back on the 'net. and, in all my seaches, ONE BOOK was available. fortunately, said book has one of the greatest g.a. covers every drawn [cough, cough], and now i own it.

thanks go to sacentaur for inspiring me to have the fun of discovering/buying what i think to be a very rare pedigree.

batman22.jpg

Well done Sherlock! :applause:

Now tell me Holmes, where on the net might I find some tasty Lou Fine Hit covers?

There'll be no pipe for you tonight if you cant help! (And dont call me Watson!)

batman22.jpg

I feel for you...I really (tee hee) do

[Now tell me Holmes, where on the net might I find some tasty Lou Fine Hit covers?

You don't happen to like Detroit Trolleys, do you (I'm such a tease)?

100_2001.jpg

Great Sherwood story BP, glad to inspire rather than annoy (for once :insane: )!