• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my g.a. pedigree run
2 2

762 posts in this topic

OT but it seems as if most scans of the new slabs look dark. I bet that book is brighter in hand, I know most of the books in new slabs that I've scanned look noticeably darker than they actually are.

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

since this becomes the hightest-graded 'frisco in the collection, i deign it to be this thread's new rep.

military21.jpg

So let it be deigned, so let it be done! (worship)

6 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

just realizing the gaines book earlier posted is gone; new one here.

tft28.jpg

Beautiful TFT with colors brighter than a sunset! And I made sure to watch the Ten Commandments (and Ben Hur) too. It's an Easter tradition for me, even though I have both on Blu Ray!

Sorry to hi jack your thread Billy but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question.

I was digging through the pile today and came across this book. I hadn't really noticed but it has a small "D" on the cover in the upper left corner. I thought it might be a pedigree. I've had it for years and can't remember where I got it any more. It isn't super high grade maybe an 8.0? I thought maybe a "D" copy but has no notation inside the first page. Is this maybe a Mile High mark? Or maybe it's just a random distributor mark. Any way you shake it, It's a great book. What do you folks think?

combrickbradford6.jpg

57 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sorry to hi jack your thread Billy but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question.

I was digging through the pile today and came across this book. I hadn't really noticed but it has a small "D" on the cover in the upper left corner. I thought it might be a pedigree. I've had it for years and can't remember where I got it any more. It isn't super high grade maybe an 8.0? I thought maybe a "D" copy but has no notation inside the first page. Is this maybe a Mile High mark? Or maybe it's just a random distributor mark. Any way you shake it, It's a great book. What do you folks think?

combrickbradford6.jpg

Are there Church copy that have "D"s by themselves without numbers?  I thought not, but I'm a long way from being an expert on such things.

There's a raw copy on the comicpedigrees sites that's identified as the Church copy (although it lacks any coding on the cover).

124246.jpg

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Are there Church copy that have "D"s by themselves without numbers?

There are -- post WWII.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

There's a raw copy on the comicpedigrees sites that's identified as the Church copy (although it lacks any coding on the cover).

As part of the McLaughlin sale Heritage sold what is believed to be the Church copy.  It is uncoded but is not the copy in the scan you shared.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Does anybody have a "D" copy with the mark?

I don't recall one.  You can search the Heritage archives for "Crippen" to see a large number of copies and verify if there's a match with your distributor code.

5 hours ago, adamstrange said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Are there Church copy that have "D"s by themselves without numbers?

There are -- post WWII.

Found one of these for you.  (thumbsu

It's the Church copy of Phantom Lady 16 with just the large capital "D" from the Heritage archives:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/phantom-lady-16-mile-high-pedigree-fox-features-syndicate-1948-cgc-nm-94-off-white-pages-matt-baker-turned-on-the-hea/a/823-41369.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515