• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 resolutions

13 posts in this topic

We are close to a new year so what are you resolutions?

For me I have resolved to do no impulse purchases for the entire year. Last year I made one which I am not unhappy with but if I didn't buy it I would not cry

I also plan to cut my OA spending by 75%. In 2009 I spent a ton and 2010 marks the start of our home remodel which takes priority over OA

Last, I hope to sell off a few hundred comics.

My resolution is to not buy any art this year. I'm going to see if I can pull it off.

Will primarily be focusing on buying raw and selling blue.

I, on the other hand, would like to buy some more oa! Been pretty busy so I haven't been as active lately. However, I would love to add some more Preacher pages. And I probably should make a resolution to finally update my for sale folder with more goodness- although that's a lower priority. Buying Preacher pages comes first!

My resolution is to not buy any art this year. I'm going to see if I can pull it off.

It's funny the majority of the posts so far are about NOT buying art. I was so proud of myself because for the first time in the (more or less) 15 years I've been collecting OA I had two back-to-back months without buying art. Well, that's what I thought, looks like I'm closing in on a big piece next week. Oh well!

I was so proud of myself because for the first time in the (more or less) 15 years I've been collecting OA I had two back-to-back months without buying art. Well, that's what I thought, looks like I'm closing in on a big piece next week. Oh well!

lol

I've done two 6-month stints of doing no buying since I started collecting 7 years ago (including the past 6 months). I just made a small purchase of panel pages from the issue that hooked me into comics, though - no, this does not signal my return to active buying - and will post scans when they arrive.

My goal for 2010: hopefully to finally get my Holy Grail piece. :wishluck: Otherwise, I'll be content to stay on the sidelines for the most part, not actively looking for anything, but willing to consider opening the checkbook if something really interesting catches my attention. hm

I don't plan on looking for anything in 2010. If something comes my way at the right price, maybe I'll go for it. I only bought a single small piece in 2009 by an artist that I never thought I'd find, but that was a rare occurance. Price is definitely an issue and I won't chase anything.

my 2010 plans are up in the air but I would like to buy a comic strip OA and hang that in my office. I like comic strips too and while I wouldn't feel comfortable hanging most OA in the office a strip I would feel fine with and it would let me enjoy some art other than at home

Hi all --

My goal is to add 4 or more Perez/Sinnott pages to my collection from FF 167-178. Trying to put those issues back together...over about 40 years...

Dan

good luck with that goal Dan. It would be amazing to see if you acieve it.

[

I've done two 6-month stints of doing no buying since I started collecting 7 years ago (including the past 6 months). I just made a small purchase of panel pages from the issue that hooked me into comics, though - no, this does not signal my return to active buying - and will post scans when they arrive.

Hmmm, does it start with a "X" and end with a "Men"?

:grin:

"PS" Congrats Gene.

Couple of resolutions for the year are:

Quit smoking hopefully in March. After the Olympics are over I'll be drinking less which means I'll be smoking less.

Purchase some original art. Either from a comic or a commission piece from a well known or even some art from one of the many talented boardie artists

Stop nickel and dimeing away money on small comic purchases while never making the big purchase. I feel I easily spend loads of money on $25-100 purchases but fail to spend the money on more expensive books I'm after

Sell off my guitars or start playing again - I've got a beautiful Les Paul, Strat and acoustics that are basically collecting dust. The time has come to either play again or sellem off

I've got lots more but that is a small sample.

Still psyched about the hobby and looking to add to the collection. But, work and our first baby have left me less time to do it. Guess I'll have to be more efficient :)

I'll be in San Diego this year too for the convention, so I'm looking forward to that!

Hari