• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEWARE!! RESTORED COMIC SCAM ON EBAY!!

23 posts in this topic

Just for grins I emailed one of the guys who claims hes the "best" seller on ebay and told him of the scam he is pulling here is his reponse

"Out of all the books I have purchased from him only one came back restored. And my money was refunded immediately as were several other books that graded lower than the advertised grade. He's shown me courtesy and respect and his professionalism is exceptional. He may be a crook , as you say, but I've seen no evidence of it on my end. The Google search proved meaningless as the majority of the posts were well over 12 months old"

His customers are clueless as well!!

doh!

Funny, but before I saw this thread I saw the ebay listing and jumped at it. I specifically asked about level of restoration and there was no mention of anything other than some glue on the spine. Did not get a comfortable feel from him and did not bid. Very happy now that I have seen this thread.

Moral: If its too good to be true then it probably is!

sanj

This individual is a complete fraud!!! I purchased a NM+ Xmen 94 from this buyer (makemeanofferandwin) about six months ago. Shortly after I won the auction, I noticed the seller posted another copy of Xmen 94 in the same condition. When analyzing the scans, they were actualy the same of the copy I just purchased.

I was a bit concerned when I received my pristine copy of Xmen 94 in the mail, I mean it looked like it was just bought from the newstand. I had it sent to CGC to be certified and when it was returned it was identifed as restored. I have sent multiple emails and have gotten nowhere. BEWARE!!!

This buyer offers incredible books at very great discounts, ya no kidding, since the books are restored and are only worth 10% of restored if you are lucky.

This seller uses the seller handles: cadpoli, lexerific, makemeanofferandwin.