• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #5 - Susan Ciccone Restoration Lab - before/after

123 posts in this topic

here's another example of susan's fine work -

this book needed some small tears sealed to fr cover [first 4 pgs in had same tears diminishing as front], had spine roll, obvious color breaking creases, wasn't dirty [but wasn't 'bright'] - somewhat 'yellowed', needed some reinforcing in small areas.

good news is the book was solid, had deep colors, complete, no pieces missing, no moisture damage and staples were clean/bright.

here's the before scan and two pics of the book as I rec'd it last week.

as you can see, susan did a Fantastic :) job on this book! I'll try to get some pics/scans of back cover up when time allows. [big pics, may take moment to load] the colors, edges, corners and 'feel' of this book are now incredible. THANKS AGAIN SUSAN!!

here's a link to them directly to take a closer look -

FF5

BEFORE

FF5fr0001.jpg

AFTER

Dscf4701.jpg

Dscf4703.jpg

Super! Was this just done recently? How much does she charge?

I had this done nov/december. would've likely have been quicker but it encompassed both thanksgiving and the Christmas rush [i got it 12/23], so considering all that, pretty quick with the detailed work done.

on the price, I don't really discuss that. :shy: but, I will say susan works with me on each book I've had her do, and each time we set a fair balance between the 'goal' of what needs to be done and what she should rightly receive as the fee.

I think if you ever decide to have her restore a book, you'll find the cost to be very reasonable. (thumbs u

you couldn't have taken the book out of the mylar for the pic? :baiting: congrats BTW. (thumbs u

Yes, how about pics outside of the mylar, including interior cover shots?

It looks like she did a great job with it, but for the life of me I will never understand why you had that book restored.

you couldn't have taken the book out of the mylar for the pic? :baiting: congrats BTW. (thumbs u

It looks like she did a great job with it, but for the life of me I will never understand why you had that book restored.

:baiting:

'Cause now it looks like a 9.0+!

...for about 1/30th of the cost! :headbang:

Maybe he just wanted to make it look purdier. :banana:

I don't know about 1/30th the cost. I bet it was at least $500 to $1000 to restore

I don't know about 1/30th the cost. I bet it was at least $500 to $1000 to restore

OK...maybe 1/20th or so...depends on if you think it's grading out as a 9.4 or 9.2...9.0...last Clink sale for a 9.2 unrestored $21250 in October...still the same reasoning... (thumbs u

A beautiful book and a beautiful job.

Proof positive that Susan can color match and press with the best of them.

Congrats (thumbs u