• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
50 50

1,629 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, arexcrooke said:

Im not a fan of how the back cover looks like it has a pink/brown tinge to it with those settings. The front looks better the back looks putrid

ToS9290219back.jpg

I have the same issue with the back as well. For the back, I change to auto levels and it seems to bring the natural tone out.

image.png.427001e9affbc9b6b2c133877de4cc69.png

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good scanner to use with a MAC?  I have an HP I use with Vuescan which is pretty wanky.  Inhale to connect in a fixed sequence to get it to work which is painful so I haven't upgraded to a pay version of Vuescan yet since it doesn't work too well.  

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good scanner to use with a MAC?  I have an HP I use with Vuescan which is pretty wanky.  Inhale to connect in a fixed sequence to get it to work which is painful so I haven't upgraded to a pay version of Vuescan yet since it doesn't work too well.  

I have the old Epson GT-15000 hooked up to my mac, no problem. 

Yes, any GT-15000 purchased currently would be refurbished or second hand. There is a DS-50000 which would meet the requirements of being CCD and large enough to fit a slab in the flatbed and are still being sold brand new. They do cost a pretty penny, $1399.00 MSRP.

Edited by NerdHouse Comics
Missed a number

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bMy GT-15000 had deep scratches in the glass.  I just carefully removed it and had a glass shop cut me a new one.  The plastic strips that are part of the scanner bed peel off easily and for the gray glass line borders there is nice gray cellophane like tape that looks perfect when applied.(to the underside of the new glass) It all depends how much that kind of thing bothers you.  Mine is like new with the glass and that tape.  The new glass is tempered with edges polished and was very inexpensive to buy.

20190405_232135.jpg

20190405_232205.jpg

Edited by labratnotincluded

I bought a used HP Scanjet 7400c off Amazon for $230.   It seems like it is working fairly well, but I am some light vertical streaking on the images.   I think I may just tolerate it though....it isn't too bad, and I don't want to send this back and buy something more expensive.

I am using Vuescan software, but I assume the streaking is from the hardware.

2019-04-24-0002.jpg

2019-04-24-0004.jpg

Edited by goldenharvey

1 hour ago, goldenharvey said:

I bought a used HP Scanjet 7400c off Amazon for $230.   It seems like it is working fairly well, but I am some light vertical streaking on the images.   I think I may just tolerate it though....it isn't too bad, and I don't want to send this back and buy something more expensive.

I am using Vuescan software, but I assume the streaking is from the hardware.

2019-04-24-0002.jpg

2019-04-24-0004.jpg

I would just send it back if it is truly hardware. What settings are you using?

22 hours ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

I would just send it back if it is truly hardware. What settings are you using?

I'm pretty much just using the standard settings, except for black point being set at 11, like others are doing.   I can improve it a bit using Curves in Photoshop, but that streaking is still visible.

I could send it back, but there are zero of these for sale on ebay or amazon right now....or anywhere else that I can find with a quick Google search.  So I may just tolerate it, at least for now..   Or maybe I'll do more research and try to find another model in the $200 range.

1037033600_MarvelTeam-Up1CGC9.2.thumb.jpg.bee45f161202ede06d17b959e717c915.jpg

Marvel Team-Up 1 CGC 9.2 Back.jpg

Edited by goldenharvey

On 4/3/2019 at 7:46 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I don’t think that is in current production, so you are buying refurbished?

ill want to know how it works for you

I bought used

dont have vuescan (yet) but had to download the epson drivers and scan package to get scanner to work (wasn’t simple plug and scan for me)

finally got one scan made

28CC2896-B3A6-4825-BA24-519420EA06FD.jpeg