• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
50 50

1,629 posts in this topic

Anyone familiar with the Microtek series of scanners?  I've got a used Microtek i700 that works great, but it has a huge smudge on the interior of the glass.  I've tried taking it apart, but there is a step I'm missing and cannot figure out how to separate the front panel from the scanner.  Until I can do that, I cannot lift the top panel off and clean the glass.

Google has not been helpful.

Ideas? Anyone had to do this yet?

Edited by IntrepidXC

My scanner is dead and need to purchase a new one.  Can someone direct me to the appropriate pages in this thread that suggest the best legal-size scanner for under $500?  Thanks.

Here is the list.  I have corrected the Epson GT model and added the 15000...also, do NOT mistake the workforce gt-1500 for the GT-15000!:

Epson GT-20000

Epson GT-15000 <-- very nice

HP 7310 

HP 7400 (7710 is the actual number for a search)

HP 7410 All-in-one. 

HP 7780 AIO

HP Scanjet 8200

HP 8250

HP 8300

HP 8350

HP 8390 (according to HP specs)

Microtek Scanmaker i800 plus

Microtek V6UPL 

Microteks 9600-9700-9800 

Edited by labratnotincluded
Added note

On 6/19/2017 at 10:46 PM, labratnotincluded said:

Here is the list.  I have corrected the Epson GT model and added the 15000...also, do NOT mistake the workforce gt-1500 for the GT-15000!:

Epson GT-20000

Epson GT-15000 <-- very nice

HP 7310 

HP 7400 (7710 is the actual number for a search)

HP 7410 All-in-one. 

HP 7780 AIO

HP Scanjet 8200

HP 8250

HP 8300

HP 8350

HP 8390 (according to HP specs)

Microtek Scanmaker i800 plus

Microtek V6UPL 

Microteks 9600-9700-9800 

Thanks!  Much appreciated.

Gonna try the Google PhotoScan app when I get home on some slabs, thank you to whomever brought it up.  Glare is a big issue, let's see if this app is as advertised.  Reviews on the app store are very good.  Already have stacks of fully functional printers, really don't want to spend the potential $200+ for another one in addition to good software.  It's worth a shot!

recently purchased the scanjet 8250 off ebay. this was with minor button clicks to somewhat lighten the scan up. Any advice would be great.

ALSO that is the graded comic sleeve from bags unlimited your seeing on the scan.

superiorspiderman29ss.thumb.jpg.9f0100580c1a3e6e9413c07f01dd479d.jpg

On 12/10/2016 at 11:55 AM, GACollectibles said:

I'm thinking about giving this one a shot. I like the 11x17 size.

Hi @GACollectibles,

Did that Plustek A320 wide format CCD scanner work out well for scanning slabbed comics?

Or did you find a different one? A lot of the scanners recently suggested on this thread are no longer available even on eBay...

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hi @GACollectibles,

Did that Plustek A320 wide format CCD scanner work out well for scanning slabbed comics?

Or did you find a different one? A lot of the scanners recently suggested on this thread are no longer available even on eBay...

Thanks!

Looks like there is one HP8300 available on eBay.  Can't say I'm impressed with the seller's write-up, but it is cheap.  That's the one I use along with the VueScan software.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Looks like there is one HP8300 available on eBay.  Can't say I'm impressed with the seller's write-up, but it is cheap.  That's the one I use along with the VueScan software.

Thanks for the heads-up! Here's a few questions for you, Professor :preach:  :

So it sounds like the HP8300 doesn't come with software/drivers. Is this why VueScan software is needed?

Do you happen to know if the HP8300 is compatible with Mac OS?

Does it have a USB port for saving to a flashdrive/memory stick?

If it broke, would HP fix it?

If the HP8300 is a bust for whatever reason, do you have any knowledge of the Plustek A320?

4 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks for the heads-up! Here's a few questions for you, Professor :preach:  :

So it sounds like the HP8300 doesn't come with software/drivers. Is this why VueScan software is needed?

Do you happen to know if the HP8300 is compatible with Mac OS?

Does it have a USB port for saving to a flashdrive/memory stick?

If it broke, would HP fix it?

If the HP8300 is a bust for whatever reason, do you have any knowledge of the Plustek A320?

Google "HP 8300 Scanner"

The first result (for me anyway) is "HP Scanjet 8300 Digital Flatbed Scanner Software and Drivers | HP..."

Click on that link and you should see a column that includes "User Guides."

Click that and you should see the link to the "User Guide" PDF.  It is a 63 page manual that should answer most of your questions.

For the record, I own an 8300 and VueScan software - very happy with it.

16 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 12/10/2016 at 11:55 AM, GACollectibles said:

I'm thinking about giving this one a shot. I like the 11x17 size.

Hi @GACollectibles,

Thanks!

I did not purchase one(yet), still using my trusty HP Officejet 7410