• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your grail!
1 1

101 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hal Turner said:

There are only three privately-owned Jansson pages in the world -- and you own two of them? That, my friend, is a birthday present!

Yes, sometimes your wishes come true.:bigsmile: There is a video of me unwrapping the present and from my behavior it is quite clear that this is not what I had expexted... (There are a few pages Jansson never had returned from his employer - the newspaper where it was published - but their whereabouts are unknown. There is also a piece of promotion art sitting in his inker's files that waits to be returned - I had my mind set on that one before I got lucky with these two.)

Cy7Ndv5p_0512162129001gpadd.jpgI love a good grail thread and there are some definite grail-worthy pieces posted in this one. If money were not an object I would love to own a significant piece of early Kirby Hulk (The piece posted as part of Felix's recent podcast is a good example). Or maybe the cover the Hulk 227. For the art in my collection, the piece below is easily the most grail-like that I own. I hunted it for years before finally brining it down. There's a much longer description in my CAF if you are so inclined. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1362015

Edited by JadeGiant

4 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Cy7Ndv5p_0512162129001gpadd.jpgI love a good grail thread and there are some definite grail-worthy pieces posted in this one. If money were not an object I would love to own a significant piece of early Kirby Hulk (The piece posted as part of Felix's recent podcast is a good example). Or maybe the cover the Hulk 227. For the art in my collection, the piece below is easily the most grail-like that I own. I hunted it for years before finally brining it down. There's a much longer description in my CAF if you are so inclined. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1362015

Very grail worthy!

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Sriz said:

Wow.  Definitely a show-stopper.  Must be awesome in person.

Impressive, just a perfect Hulk page.  One of the first splash pages I ever owned (and regrettably sold).   Super-congrats!

Nice Boris!    Couples aren't my favourite subject for a painting but lovely rendering and tremendous sideboob! :insane:

Edited by Bronty

On 4/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, Michaeld said:

Another grail of mine. Never thought I would own a Vallejo. See my other two grails here: my grails

Boris Vallejo.jpg

When I was scrolling down the very first thing I thought of was Shrek and Princess Fiona.   That creature at the bottom should be Donkey and Puss in Boots.    It is an excellent piece of work but I can't get Shrek out of my mind...

3 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Man, picking just  one is tough. I guess I have to go with this one today- but reserve the right to change my mind- this was the first Avengers comic I ever had or ever saw- and I still consider it the perfect book. 

abg.jpg

#154:cloud9: beginning of my favorite Avengers run, #154-177...

This is the last of my three grails. The stars lined up for me to get this including a mistake by the auction house. This item was supposed to have a reserve placed on it but the auction house dropped the ball. Had they remembered to add the reserve I wouldn't have this piece today. http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=966095

2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

A comic etched in my childhood memory and I was able to acquire it. I love it from the use of Vulture's silouette, to the negative space and lasty Spidey in the Pieta pose holding the injured flight attendant. Giacoa inks finish off this amazing Saviuk cover like a cherry on top.

WEB45.JPG

Cant go wrong with a Saviuk cover.   :x

Everything about MICRONAUTS 11 (1979) is a grail for me.

After all this time, the art for the entire book is still assembled.  In addition to the cover below, the interiors can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=58556

The only way it could be more perfect is if the original color guides survived.  Anybody know?

micros11.jpg

Edited by thethedew
Text