• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alot of nice books For Sale....please check them out. REDUCED PRICES!

132 posts in this topic

Thing! 7 Classic Injury to Eye cover. Purchased from an Overstreet advisor as a 6.5-7.0. Let's just say his scan was alot more forgiving than mine. I grade it at a 5.5-6.0 with cream pages.

Here is a chance to get a great book at a fair price... much less than what I paid.

Thing!7.jpg

Thing! 7 Classic Injury to Eye cover. Purchased from an Overstreet advisor as a 6.5-7.0. Let's just say his scan was alot more forgiving than mine. I grade it at a 5.5-6.0 with cream pages.

Here is a chance to get a great book at a fair price... much less than what I paid.

Thing!7.jpg

Very fair price on this book hm

just an fyi to anyone on the fence...i've bought books from Scott before, and found his grading to be dead on. a 9.4 is a 9.4...at least.

in the interest of full disclosure, while i consider Scott a 'board friend,' we've never met and he did not ask me to post this.

if he sells his MGA 80 in this thread all bets are off, though.

good luck, Scott! :wishluck:

I agree and was thinking about posting something similar. Very accurate grader IMHO and an excellent board member to buy books from.

Even though I put myself on a self imposed spending freeze for this month due to the holidays, I've been checking Scott's thread throughout the day.

I am going to offer this book that I picked up in the next to last CLink Focused Auction. I really like the book, but if I had known what I was going to be buying in the LAST CLink auction, i would have passed. This is a minor Silver Age classic with the 5th appearance of the Spectre and his third book in the Showcase tryout run. This is the Boston pedigree copy and has White pages. I am using the CLink scan as I have not made my own scan of the book. This is a great book.

Showcase64.jpg

Daredevil 51 Barry Smith cover and art CGC 9.4 ow/w

Sorry for only having one scan in my archives.....I scanned it without the slab header. You can check my registry sets under Daredevil if you feel the need to verify that it is a 9.4 ow/w

Daredevil51.jpg

Daredevil 50 Barry Smith art. A very sharp raw copy with nice corners and nice ow/w pages. Book is a solid 9.4 but has the slightest indention along the top edge above the last ellipsis which appears to have occured when the book was trimmed at the printer. A very nice nm copy though.

70.00 :news: SOLD per pm. Thanks alot.

Daredevil50.jpg

DC Special 4 First "true " appearance of Abel. Nice 9.4 copy with and Adams cover. Back of slab does have a crack, but the book is not harmed in any way.

I will ship this one for free inside the US due to the slab being cracked. This might help you if you wanted to get it re-slabbed. Take some of the sting away as it were. lol

DCSpecial4.1.jpg

DCSpecial4.2.jpg

just an fyi to anyone on the fence...i've bought books from Scott before, and found his grading to be dead on. a 9.4 is a 9.4...at least.

in the interest of full disclosure, while i consider Scott a 'board friend,' we've never met and he did not ask me to post this.

if he sells his MGA 80 in this thread all bets are off, though.

good luck, Scott! :wishluck:

I agree and was thinking about posting something similar. Very accurate grader IMHO and an excellent board member to buy books from.

Even though I put myself on a self imposed spending freeze for this month due to the holidays, I've been checking Scott's thread throughout the day.

Once again, I appreciate the kind words Alec. Thanks alot. :foryou:

Mask 1, FA 1 & 6 :takeit:
If there was a Mask 1 in this thread I would have :takeit: already. :D

I need that book more than anyone else in the hobby thank you very much. It completes a horizontal row in my Gerber covers collection and pushes me over 80%. But I keep missing it every time one goes for sale.

Strange Tales 114 First Silver Age appearance of "Captain America". Book has the qualities of a 5.5 structurally, but then you see the Marvel chipping along the right edge and it takes a grade hit. I think 50 is a fair price for this book though.

50.00 :news: SOLD to capt comics Thanks alot.

StrangeTales114.jpg

I Missed it...... :cry: