• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

24 posts in this topic

They are actually very nice...I wish I had a place to hang them, if I did I would buy them right now :headbang:

If I was still 10 years old I'd probably buy them and put them in my bedroom but now that I'm a little older that kind of stuff just doesn't fly with my wife.

I actually managed to keep my Cap America Schomburg poster on our bedroom wall for 2 whole months.

Man do I need a comic room :cry:

They are actually very nice...I wish I had a place to hang them, if I did I would buy them right now :headbang:

If I was still 10 years old I'd probably buy them and put them in my bedroom but now that I'm a little older that kind of stuff just doesn't fly with my wife.

I actually managed to keep my Cap America Schomburg poster on our bedroom wall for 2 whole months.

Man do I need a comic room :cry:

I have vintage X-MEN and Alpha Flight posters hanging in the bedroom and a Zeck Punisher poster hanging in the front hallway. My wife doesn't mind them at all :)

What did I miss? Are they free yet? lol

Seriously though. I had one of these in the early 90's and they are very nice quality and worth at least $10 a piece..come on guys. :sumo:

The initial post in this thread has now mysteriously been deleted, but last week's thread for the same items is here. Picture does match that ebay auction. hm

I suppose it may bear repeating for those who missed it the first time, but here's Dekeuk's classic sales thread where he discloses that he intentionally overgrades his books.

I might be missing something but what does it matter what he paid for them or where he got them?

(shrug)

I might be missing something but what does it matter what he paid for them or where he got them?

The only reason I posted that is because he keeps listing these as "vintage 1970's" and in the Gold/Silver/Bronze area, when I and many others have told him these are from around 1989-90. I found several listed on hobby websites and they state "copyright 1989" - come on, one of them has a Jack Nicholson Joker on it. doh!

I don't care if he paid $2 for them, just accept the facts that these are common 1989-90 Batman Mania posters, list them in the correct era and move on.

The only reason I posted that is because he keeps listing these as "1970's books" and in the Gold/Silver/Bronze area, when I and many others have told him these are from around 1989-90. I found several listed on hobby websites and they state "copyright 1989" - come on, one of them has a Jack Nicholson Joker on it. doh!

I don't care if he paid $2 for them, just accept the facts that these are common 1989-90 Batman Mania posters, list them in the correct era and move on.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

I researched these as well. The one's marked Rock Tapestry were the ones from 89-90. From them the company making them moved to Michigan and changed their name.

The ones marked "door tapestries" were much earlier and from when the company had a location in California.

So 3 of the 5 are late 80's early 90's and the others could be early 80's.

So it's very possible that these were from two different time frames.

But none of them were from the 70's, as stated many times by the OP.

And where are you seeing these different locations? I see Van Nuys, CA on them all.

But none of them were from the 70's, as stated many times by the OP.

Entirely possible. I have not been able to trace the company back far enough to see when they started making these so I can't say for sure. There are no dates of production at all. The only thing that I know for sure is that the "Tapestry" ones are not before 1989.

There are no dates of production at all.

There are copyright dates on the packaging and the tapestry, so the OP could easily look and get an idea of the date, at least know the limit of how old it could be.