• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo THE LIST WITH PRICES

146 posts in this topic

lucky buyer may have been g man?

no i sent him an offer on it $15 below is asking $ ($250, 6+x guide) b4 he posted his prices but got no reply. Can't touch the rest i don't think...no $ in it.

Is that $3,225 for a FF #29 9.4?

Thanks for emailing me Mark with the chance to make an offer on those books I asked about.

Oh, No one else knew that Mark sent me this list earlier in the day and that I asked for prices with the list?

And that books are now not on this list.

Typical collector turned seller.

Thanks for emailing me Mark with the chance to make an offer on those books I asked about.

Oh, No one else knew that Mark sent me this list earlier in the day and that I asked for prices with the list?

I guess we are all missing something, or maybe just me. What exactly is a typical collector turned seller?

I guess we are all missing something, or maybe just me. What exactly is a typical collector turned seller?

I am wondering the same thing. confused.gif

By the way, those are some amazing books Mark. They must be a site to behold when sitting together. cloud9.gif

Typical Collector turned seller

1). Says one thing, does another

2). Says he will send you a list, lo and behold the list is emailed across the country.

3). You find this out by reading a public forum, mind you I was sent a note. Of course some of the books I emailed back about are no longer on the "published" list.

4). Collectors always think a dealer won't pay their price, I have heard this over and over again. In some cases they sell it for less than what I would pay. And spare me the 50% Overstreet Dealer speech, I know what these books are worth and would sell for.

5). Collector turned Seller - I can sell them myself, I can get more on Ebay, I can do this, I can do that, I wind up being offered the books the collector/seller cannot sell. And by the way the collector/seller still wants retail for them. And I should be honored that you have now whored the books to everyone so that when I buy them I can do the same thing.

5). Not this incident but many experiences with this one. Buy a raw book from a Collector turned seller. Book is restored. Seller turns into collector proclaiming that he either spent the money already or uses the "I'm a collector", I don't know how to spot restoration. Followed by comments that because I'm a dealer I am only buying the book to make money on him. Steve Bonnor is the classic example of this. Sells me restored books, says "A Deal is a Deal" and won't refund my money. However because I'm a Dealer I would have had to give him his money back or he would badmouth me all over the place.

6). Apology followed by I should get over it. It's business right, I'm turning down offers? Why are dealers always crucified for their selling practices and collectors turned sellers not?

While HooDeeDoo is selling his collection, he isn't giving them away. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would probably sell my whole collection, if I could get top dollar for all my books. cloud9.gif

Still, he got books that just aren't available very often (if at all). thumbsup2.gif

3). You find this out by reading a public forum, mind you I was sent a note. Of course some of the books I emailed back about are no longer on the "published" list.

Which books are you so upset about? If you're talking about his FF 11 CGC 9.4 and FF 16 CGC 9.6, then at least half the people reading this thread know who he sold those to.

What did he tell you when he sent you the list; that you'd have first crack at the books? Did you also give him first crack when you sold your collection? If the answer to either one of those questions is "yes," I guess I'd also be ticked off. However, I would have to imagine that BOTH of you gave first dibs to a similar set of people...although I could be wrong.

I can't be ticked at anything after getting that #86 though...EXCEPT NOT GETTING THE #116!!! mad.gifmad.giftongue.gif

James:

What did he tell you when he sent you the list; that you'd have first crack at the books?

I was told that he mentioned this to two other collectors. I was sent this list with no prices, I asked about prices and certain issues. No prices were sent and lo and behold the list appears in the forum.

"Did you also give him first crack when you sold your collection? If the answer to either one of those questions is "yes,"

The answer to this question is "No". And I did not send out a email to Mark proclaiming "Bob Storms is selling his collection" which is what I got.

And for the record when I sold my FF's there were no emails to the two that got his list first. The books were put on the site for a first come/first serve buying opportunity. I didn't self promote my sale, they were on my website for everybody to see, people on the forum posted a link and the rest is history.