• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HooDeeDoo THE LIST WITH PRICES

146 posts in this topic

maybe he was doing whatever he could to make the most $$.....nothing wrong with that is there? if he didn't say " i will give u 1st crack..." then what can ya do? Hey i emailed him offers and got no reply....would i have liked a response saying, i will pass on your offer but this is my price for BOOK x? Sure.....but it never came and the books were sold...can't worry about it.... just gotta move on. thumbsup2.gif

Hey i emailed him offers and got no reply....would i have liked a response saying, i will pass on your offer but this is my price for BOOK x?

The reason I didn't respond was because I said in my first thread that people shouldn't email me with questions or offers, etc., yet, I got deluged with them. I was busy with trying to get my act together regarding the list and didn't have the time to respond to messages I expliciting told people not to send. It was nothing personal - I just didn't have the time.

And for the record when I sold my FF's there were no emails to the two that got his list first. The books were put on the site for a first come/first serve buying opportunity. I didn't self promote my sale, they were on my website for everybody to see, people on the forum posted a link and the rest is history.

And I, for one, will always appreciate this fact. It was nice to get first pickings just by virtue of being in the right place at the right time, as opposed to getting picked through left-overs because I don't drop enough money or have enough clout to be offered the best stuff.

I don't like airing personal laundry in public so I've stayed quiet about the "controversy" with my good buddy Bob. However, I now have a few minutes to address this tempest in a teapot so I will.

Come close boys and girls. Uncle HooDee wants to tell you a story.

When you sell a large group of books (i.e. a collection) everybody is going to want a first crack at something, and if everyone is getting a first crack, then in reality, NO ONE is getting a first crack. There were two people who I had promised that if I ever sold my books WOULD get an honest to goodness first crack at them. I have always been a man of my word and I was in this instance.

BEFORE I posted the announcement of my intent to sell my collection, I sent The Blazing One an email telling him of my intent. I've known Bob for years and am crazy about him. He's a great guy. I wanted to tell him personally and not have him hear about it second hand. He, being a dealer, was logically interested in the books - duh. I sent him a list of what was going to be sold but the list didn't have prices at that point because I hadn't finished pricing them but I thought he'd want to see ahead of time what was actually going to be thrown out for you hyenas to rip into.

With the exception of the FF#116, as you can clearly see, the prices are not "dealer" prices - they're collector prices. The Blazing One told me he would be interested in the whole lot of books but I told him that the way they were going to be priced, the lot would make no sense to him - there's no way he'd make money off of them. And furthermore, at this early stage in the game, it made no financial sense to sell them as a group to a dealer.

It WAS my intention to email him the list with the prices, purely out of friendship and professional courtesy, although I figured there really wasn't a single book that he could make money off of (except that damn FF#116!!!). However, in all the confusion of me trying to get it all together and priced and pictures loaded up onto my FTP site (with AOL being a nightmare) I forgot to email him the list with the prices before I put them on the Forum. So punish me with a bad hairdo.

Slow curtain. THE END

libelous slander, I'm calling Captain tripps and sue for defamation of character

Aw [!@#%^&^]... I lose the betting pool...

I had 62 posts before a lawsuit was threatened... sorry.gif

With the exception of the FF#116, as you can clearly see, the prices are not "dealer" prices - they're collector prices.

Guess it depends on who your customers are...Mark Wilson quite often pays what I perceive as "collector" prices and still somehow often turns a profit on those books.

lucky buyer may have been g man?

no i sent him an offer on it $15 below is asking $ ($250, 6+x guide) b4 he posted his prices but got no reply. Can't touch the rest i don't think...no $ in it.

Gman, do you realize what an hole you sound like when you say things like this? I think it's been widely accepted on this thread that the 116 sold very cheaply but you're such a greddy little f@[!@#%^&^] you wanted to hold out for $15?

Plus you couldn't touch the rest as there is no money in it? Whatever is the matter with HDD for trying to get a fair price for his books and not leave any room for bottom feeders such as yourself to make money off of? (Can you feel the sarcasm?)

Truly amazing . . . but hey, Bob said it best

DAM