• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the first few issues where you bought multiple copies?

98 posts in this topic

What are the first few issues where you bought more than one copy?

And how old were you at the time?

For me it was Batman #341. Before that time I had only purchased one copy to read.

From that point onward, I bought one to read, and one to put away without reading.

I was about 13 years old at the time.

This was followed by multiple copies of books like:

New Teen Titans #17-20 range

Legion of Superheroes (Giffin issues)

Camelot 3000 doh!

ASM 252 :headbang:

Omega Men early issues

and a lot of other bad choices of early 1980's books

341-1.jpg

the only time I bought more than one off the rack was Thor 337, Simonson's Beta Ray Bill intro...I loved that book so much that I bought a second because I know I will reread that first copy too many times to keep it in good shape. The thought of buying multiple copies didn't cross my mind ever for the rest and in hindsight...thank god.

I was buying all of the New Mutants #86 - 100 in multiples, McFarlane Amazing Spideys, Jim Lee X-Men, Gaiman Sandmans, and Books of Magic. I also bought 100 copies of all of the Weapon X storyline in MCP #72 - 100. Of course, at the time, I was buying them off Capitol City's liquidation list for a dime.

In the late 1970s, I bought two copies of many first issues. I don't know what the first one was, probably Nova, but it was when Marvel was releasing things like 2001, Logan's Run, Tarzan, etc.

bought a case each of Magnus Robot Fighter #1 and Harbinger #1 when they first came out from Valiant. Made an absolute mint on them during the craze.

That was a wild time! I was trading those for high grade SA books, could not believe the money I was making. Kept shaking my head in disbelief.

For me, it was the Death in the Family books.

I remember the guy looking at me funny with the 2 copies of 427 and 5 428s I was paying for at the cash at the variety store (both were on the shelf at the same time there...428 had just come out).

Still got 'em all...

bought a case each of Magnus Robot Fighter #1 and Harbinger #1 when they first came out from Valiant. Made an absolute mint on them during the craze.

That was a wild time! I was trading those for high grade SA books, could not believe the money I was making. Kept shaking my head in disbelief.

same with Magnus #12..dealers in boston would buy them and Rai and other crapola for $40 per issue and then try and resell them at the show. i went around to see what they were asking very early and then priced them for almost 1/2 that. Oh the profit! :whee:

I remember being too late for that craze, and buying 10 copies of Shadowman 16, Ninjak 1 and Bloodshot 1. Probably still have them buried in a box somewhere, over 15 years later.... lol

I NEVER bought multiples of any books. Until I discovered MIRACLEMAN I thought the first issue was rare in high grade so I bought a bunch of them.

Time will tell if that was a smart move. :insane: