• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the first few issues where you bought multiple copies?

98 posts in this topic

First time I went to an actual comic book store I was able to buy a TMNT #9. I got home and noticed that there was something wrong with it so I ended up buying 3 just so I could have a "mint" copy lol Came back a 9.6 :applause:

Nova #1. and Spectacular Spiderman #1. First book I bought huge numbers of was Spiderwoman #1. Bought around 200 and sold them all via CBG for around a buck each. My first "dealer" transaction. Getting money in the mail was a lot of fun.

Amazing Spider-Man 361 was the first one I was ever tempted to buy multiple copies of...but didn't.

I do have a bunch of X-Force 1's somewhere.

I still usually only pick up one copy off the shelf (brand new).

Right now I'm buying up multiple copies of Mr. Sinister's first appearance when I can find them cheaply enough.

the only time I bought more than one off the rack was Thor 337, Simonson's Beta Ray Bill intro...

I bought multiples on that run too ..... but I was late to the party and started with #339 to #343

Now I see Neatstuff is selling those issues by the CASE doh!

Deathmate Prequel :makepoint:

I got like 6 copies of that, but not for speculator purposes entirely. I needed to order a certain number of comics to get a special deal and those ones were only 75 cents each so I finished off the filler with them.

I also got like 9 copies of an Ultraverse preview giveaway at some comic con I went to a while ago, but they were free :)

Multiples (like 5 copies) of Web #1, Wolverine #1....

Then the batman craze hit and it was Dark Knight in multiples (expensive for the time) Batman year one and Death in the Family.

Interesting thread! (thumbs u

My first multiple copy off the racks was Daredevil 158...I was 13 at the time and really liked Miller's art, so I went back the next day and bought 2 more.

Wish I could have afforded more, because they were selling for $30-$35 each within a couple of years which was crazy money back then for a teenager.

bought a case each of Magnus Robot Fighter #1 and Harbinger #1 when they first came out from Valiant. Made an absolute mint on them during the craze.

That was a wild time! I was trading those for high grade SA books, could not believe the money I was making. Kept shaking my head in disbelief.

Me too. Actually, Valiants made a huge contribution to my early inventory. I traded 5 -6 boxes of Valiants for 5 boxes of Silver Age comics.

When I was a kid I had an indulgent grandmother who heard a hot tip that Black Lightning #1 was going to be hot, so she snagged about 50 copies for me.

As for myself, I got into X-Men not long after #94, and bought around a dozen of each beginning with issue #100.

Interesting thread! (thumbs u

My first multiple copy off the racks was Daredevil 158...I was 13 at the time and really liked Miller's art, so I went back the next day and bought 2 more.

Wish I could have afforded more, because they were selling for $30-$35 each within a couple of years which was crazy money back then for a teenager.

Daredevil 158 for me as well. Why? It was the death of the Death Stalker! I didn't notice anything about the artist, some guy named Frank Miller. Unfortunately my brothers and I read them and treated them as kids do so now they are in very good to fine condition at best.

I bought multiples of X-Men 129-144 or so. Sold them all to some wheeler-dealer in the Army about 15 years back for $500. Turns out, I probably should have kept them, slabbed them and hosed all the X-schleps that frequent here....., :cloud9:

Back in the day, I ran around and grabbed up multiple copies of winning books, such as:

ASM 121 / 122

Batman 251

Swamp Thing 7 - 10

The Shadow 1 - 4

along with some losers like:

Killraven (War of the Worlds) ?!?

Larry

A comic store owner in New Hampshire (Chris' Comics) actually got me started on multiple copies. He was offering to buy copies of Thor #337 for something like $10 each when it came out which prompted me to scour all my local drugstores in Massachusetts and start ordering multiple copies of certain comics via Westfield Comics.