• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the greatest homage covers ever created?

57 posts in this topic

With a nice BATS #227 being sold in another forum right now, it got be thinking about the best homage covers. This one might be at the top of my list.

Feel free to join the party by posting the original cover and the homage cover so we can compare them.

batmanmonk002.jpg

Bats_227.jpg

hm

None of the covers show the character's left hands grabbing anything.

They are superpowered, so maybe just grabbing a chunk of floor pan left of the drive shaft?

Maybe, but the ASM cover also has the wrong wheel coming loose, based on the point of impact. No way would the passender side front tire pop off like that. Look where the fender is dented. Driver side wheel might come off.

I think the correct (passenger side) wheel has come off.

Spidey isn't crashing the car - he's trying to put out the fire in an already crashed car - by putting it in the fountain.

Sorta kinda ruins the homage, but that's my take on it.

Larry

Close enough?

scanHomage0001.jpg

and these? Seperated at birth?

scanHomage0002.jpgscanHomage0003.jpg

:hi:

How can he do an homage to himself? I think he just wanted everyone to be sure to know that THIS character Spawn is a Todd McFarlane. Seems really self-serving.

That Wolverine 55 cover is pretty awesome. That's the first time I've ever seen it.

How can he do an homage to himself?

:roflmao:

Leave it to McFarlane to pay homage to himself

This is the same guy who paid $3 MM for McGuire's Home Roid ball ........ ummmmmm I meant Home Run ball hm

hm

None of the covers show the character's left hands grabbing anything.

They are superpowered, so maybe just grabbing a chunk of floor pan left of the drive shaft?

Maybe, but the ASM cover also has the wrong wheel coming loose, based on the point of impact. No way would the passender side front tire pop off like that. Look where the fender is dented. Driver side wheel might come off.

Let's say it together: "suspension of disbelief".

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

spideycircleL.jpg

Oh no..don't go there, these covers I freakin think are awesome, and the contrast on using the same pencils, were original...yes go ahead and give slack about it..I said it, original.

spideycircleL.jpg

Oh no..don't go there, these covers I freakin think are awesome, and the contrast on using the same pencils, were original...yes go ahead and give slack about it..I said it, original.

I like the covers too ............ good way to compare the 2 costumes that dominated the story lines in the mid to late 1980's

But I still wonder if he got 2 paychecks?

Wasn't McFarlane getting paid huge record amounts of money (for an artist) by Marvel before he left?