• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1700+ Double Cover collection being auctioned

97 posts in this topic

I thought that I saw multiple copies of 244 (can't remember about 275) earlier tonight. Or are you saying that you didn't see the particular copies that you sold him in the auction?

I must be blind.

I didn't see any #244's.

So the #275 will probably surface eventually as well

I thought that I saw multiple copies of 244 (can't remember about 275) earlier tonight. Or are you saying that you didn't see the particular copies that you sold him in the auction?

I must be blind.

I didn't see any #244's.

So the #275 will probably surface eventually as well

Since I was somewhat interested in them, I remember seeing an 8.5 #232, and a low grade #234, and I could have sworn that not too far below them that there were multiple #244s, like 3 or so ; none very high grade if I recall correctly (i.e. all in 8.5 or lower), but who knows, maybe I misremembered. Unfortunately, since the emails from ComicConnect didn't list each book separately, it doesn't appear as though we can view lots from this auction that have already sold (unless they were on our watch list or bids placed list)...

Is there a considerable increase in value on double covers? I haven't seen many sold so I have no clue. How many times above guide do they sell usually??

I bid on an X-men 26 that's like a 7.0 or so. I put up a pretty low bid so I doubt i'll win. Would be pretty cool to own!

I sold several double covers over the years, they are not in this collection. So there were other higher bidders on Ebay paying more. Still its a lot of books selling in a short amount of time.

:hi: I think I may have won a few from you off ebay. :cloud9:

Me too. Then I sold a few to cosmic-spider-man. (thumbs u

I was impressed that the Batman 5 in 9.6/9.0 made $26K. It sold for $23K a few years ago per GPA, so even after the seller's commission, gijoed made a few shekels. lol

So far I have been outbid on all 30 of my low-ball bids :) Lately I have been spending more time and money on TPBs (I actually read them!) so I haven't been pursuing too many double/triple/etc covers.

im surprised that he is selling them all at once. does he have any four or more covers in this auction? i wish i would have won the creepy things triple cover with zeck cover that was a sweet book.

Here's the 6 cover Red Ryder # 90: http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?order=&sort=asc&pageNum=0&pageSize=50&aSearchPos=up&searchType=advanced&title=red+ryder&issue=90&GO.x=17&GO.y=16

The handful I was watching or bid on performed no differently than a comparable single cover book. Take with a grain of salt because I am a mid-low grade collector with a ver narrow focus. I can't speak to the high grade stuff across the breadth of the hobby. I won a few, mid to low grade copies that fit into my collecting focus. They went at prices no different than comparable single cover books.