• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 1700+ Double Cover collection being auctioned

97 posts in this topic

freddie, i have no idea why you were called a shill.

a shill is a person who has no intention of paying for an auction they win or

is placing phony bids. it sounds like you would have paid for anything you would

have won.

Here's the board's definition of a shill, written by out top Moderator...

The term "shill" is generally used around here to refer to a fake account on ebay used to create bid competition. However, because of the association to "fake accounts" the term has been generalized on the boards to ALSO refer to fake accounts on the boards by established, banned or anonymous members. Those fake accounts are used for a variety of purposes, usually related to antagonizing someone or something under a cloak of anonymity. Sometimes it's a one-topic identity simply used to stir up controversy. In the case of banned members it's simply an attempt to come back and participate despite being banned.

And our 'member' Freddie here has had these previous IDs...

ECX7Collection (never returned after basically telling Steve Borock to off)

Hill Billy (Banned)

Alex DeLarge (Strike)

GoonChild (Banned)

Jasmine (Banned)

freddie, i have no idea why you were called a shill.

a shill is a person who has no intention of paying for an auction they win or

is placing phony bids. it sounds like you would have paid for anything you would

have won.

Here's the board's definition of a shill, written by out top Moderator...

The term "shill" is generally used around here to refer to a fake account on ebay used to create bid competition. However, because of the association to "fake accounts" the term has been generalized on the boards to ALSO refer to fake accounts on the boards by established, banned or anonymous members. Those fake accounts are used for a variety of purposes, usually related to antagonizing someone or something under a cloak of anonymity. Sometimes it's a one-topic identity simply used to stir up controversy. In the case of banned members it's simply an attempt to come back and participate despite being banned.

And our 'member' Freddie here has had these previous IDs...

ECX7Collection (never returned after basically telling Steve Borock to off)

Hill Billy (Banned)

Alex DeLarge (Strike)

GoonChild (Banned)

Jasmine (Banned)

Evidence provided has made this virtually impossible to argue. Way to go Nick!

Your mind works in mysterious ways r2d2. I don't see any gay inference in that pic.

The joke is in the 'Obsession' motif. That you should assume it was on a base level of undermining a person's sexuality should'nt really surprise me. The intellect of some of you guys is distinctly lacking at times. (thumbs u

Mr 'Dice-X'.

A man thoroughly obsessed with the male genetalia (check out his Robert Plant references), who describes me as a 'Nut-Licker'.

What's that...a toothless squirrel?

I'm afraid I cannot accomplish this feat, due to insufficient curvature of the spine, but I recognise this to be your major source of private enterainment, as its plain you have abandoned all contact with the fairer sex, years ago.

hm

Your mind works in mysterious ways r2d2. I don't see any gay inference in that pic.

The joke is in the 'Obsession' motif. That you should assume it was on a base level of undermining a person's sexuality should'nt really surprise me. The intellect of some of you guys is distinctly lacking at times. (thumbs u

Mr 'Dice-X'.

A man thoroughly obsessed with the male genetalia (check out his Robert Plant references), who describes me as a 'Nut-Licker'.

I'm afraid I cannot accomplish this feat, due to insufficient curvature of the spine, but I recognise this to be your major source of private enterainment, as its plain you have abandoned all contact with the fairer sex, years ago.

hm

Dang. Twins separated at birth.

Mr 'Dice-X'.

hm

lol

Dice-X describing him as a nut-licker is absolutely priceless.

For some reason I have a hard time imagining Dice saying something like that. (:

Have you ever seen a book with no ink on the interior pages?

No never seen one like that befor pretty strang wonder how that happened. I guess you notice the X-Men #59 Double Cover with the second Cover at the Centerfond. :o

That was an interesting book. Forgot all about it until you reminded me.

Some highlights of the X-Men books auction. These are at least books that I suspect Joe did well on.

Ultimate X-Men 42 CGC 9.9/9.8 Mint $390

X-Men 67 9.4/9.2 $267

X-Men 94 6.0/3.5 $580 The post office lost the one I got on ebay, I wonder how many there are out there...

X-Men 115 9.2/9.0 $361

X-Men 125 9.6/9.4 $455

X-Men 139 9.4/9.2 $201

X-Men 277 9.4/9.0 $106

X-Men 148 9.2/8.0 $206

Did you win these books? :gossip:

I won the ASM #257 in 9.8, a Fredom Fighters #2 and Spider-Man Unlimited #1. :cloud9:

I won the 94. I posted the story in the about the first double cover 94 I won on ebay so this had been a real grail for me.

I won the 94. I posted the story in the about the first double cover 94 I won on ebay so this had been a real grail for me.

:applause::applause::applause:

That's fantastic. After the Post Office/eBay ordeal you had with your first 2x #94, you deserve this book.

:applause::applause::applause:

That's fantastic. After the Post Office/eBay ordeal you had with your first 2x #94, you deserve this book.

I wondered if you would. Congrats. (thumbs u