• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,530 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Is this the metropolis issue they had listed for a while? I almost bought this book at Big Apple. Great looking copy!

Yeah it is. I had been eyeing it for a while to and finally just jumped on it. Aside from the piece missing on the back definitely presents very nicely.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Nice X-Men 1 and congrats on the purchase!  I made a few offers on the book, each time going higher until my limit, but I was declined :sorry:

Thanks! Yeah I tried as well. Literally asked if they would come down even $100, but they wouldn’t budge haha. Anyway, ultimately decided I’m good with the price.

1 hour ago, Bmoretoys said:

Looks like an eBay sale just popped up on gpa for 12750. Not sure if it's legit. 

I see several suspicious sales on eBay. A 4.5 recently sold it looks like for $5500 buy it now with someone who has a whopping 2 feedback. That was a very solid price for that book. This is why I don’t put as much stock in eBay. Tough to know how legit a sale really is. Otherwise, could be someone who just doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Edited by LDarkseid1

would you guys rather own an X Men 1 5.5 ow/w or and Hulk 181 9.2 ow/w? 

Just won and auction on ebay for a 2.0 for a little over 3k. The next day a 2.0 sold for 3600. Granted, mine has an ugly tape mark, it isn't noted on the label though. STILL HAPPY THOUGH! will post a pic when it arrives.

1 hour ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

Just won and auction on ebay for a 2.0 for a little over 3k. The next day a 2.0 sold for 3600. Granted, mine has an ugly tape mark, it isn't noted on the label though. STILL HAPPY THOUGH! will post a pic when it arrives.

X-Men 1 5.5 ow/w as long as it looks solid all day.  I can pick up a Hulk 9.2 any day of the week.

10 hours ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

Easily X-Men 1 5.5. Without question.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:36 AM, Flamesfan1982 said:

X-Men #1 for me too!  Btw, you're asking in a silver age collecting group so there might be some favoritism towards silver age books more so than bronze age.  But in the grand scheme of things, I think most would also lean towards the XM #1 generally.