• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,529 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 11:25 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

The CGC 9.2 with white pages sold yesterday for $134 000. My guess with a world with no virus going on maybe would have reached 150k.

It’s pretty amazing how fast this book’s value has risen in the last 2 sales in this grade. A 9.2 was way under 100k just a year ago.

Edited by carefulsum

On 5/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, hannibal151 said:

Bought this copy from a boardie a few years back.  Was hoping to upgrade, but as stated on this thread, prices have increased dramatically. Still, happy to have in my collection.

84D4EC20-B362-4D50-A905-F7F823A5BD2F.thumb.jpeg.25a2f74922d8afd1452b9fbf2b407c47.jpeg

Almost looks like to upgrade all you would have to do is resubmit this copy to me :p 

29 minutes ago, Comics181 said:

What's the difference in price between raw and not on this book? Is there a big difference or is it minimal to the point that both versions pull gpa?

You're asking if raw prices are the same as CGC?  lol

Didn't realize this thread ever existed, here's my baby - never thought I'd be able to afford one!

IMG-5639.jpg

4 hours ago, spreads said:

You're asking if raw prices are the same as CGC?  lol

Didn't realize this thread ever existed, here's my baby - never thought I'd be able to afford one!

IMG-5639.jpg

Great copy, it looks like angel is attacking the Stan Lee sig.

And I guess I phrased it wrong, I was more curious on how much value the cgc label adds since I haven't seen many raws of this book sell, I know cgc adds a premium to q book, especially a big silver age key like this one

6 hours ago, Comics181 said:

Great copy, it looks like angel is attacking the Stan Lee sig.

And I guess I phrased it wrong, I was more curious on how much value the cgc label adds since I haven't seen many raws of this book sell, I know cgc adds a premium to q book, especially a big silver age key like this one

How much of a premium?  Considering the risk of restoration, raw copies will send considerably lower than their graded copies unless there's some kind of arrangement in buyer with the buyer/seller if the book is restored. 

This tier of comic is not something anyone should buy raw unless they have a lot of experience and really know what they're doing (like some of the early posters in the thread).