• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Anyone on here snag that 2.5 off of Clink last night. I put in a respectable offer, got a counter offer I was about to pull the trigger on then it vanished. If the seller is on here shoot me a PM.

20 hours ago, spreads said:

Oh! And I hope that book wasn't mailed to you in a bubble wrap envelope!!!! :whatthe:

I bought an x-men 1 5.0 on these threads last year.  It was shipped from overseas in a box with no wrap, just a few pieces of packaging paper.  Miraculously arrived with just a small crack in the case.  Ironic how I also once got a $20k shipped to me from a seller without any signature confirmation required, and then I buy some slabs like $200 and they are wrapped like Fort Knox and require signatures.  

2 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

I bought an x-men 1 5.0 on these threads last year.  It was shipped from overseas in a box with no wrap, just a few pieces of packaging paper.  Miraculously arrived with just a small crack in the case.  Ironic how I also once got a $20k shipped to me from a seller without any signature confirmation required, and then I buy some slabs like $200 and they are wrapped like Fort Knox and require signatures.  

I remember hearing of at least 1 slab getting shipped  with No packaging, just an address on the slab.  It arrived with no cracks.  

19 hours ago, Bluemedgroup said:

FFS!!  I would lose my mess on the seller.....way to go ultra cheap on 20k sale, not too mention the risk of damage.

5 hours ago, Bluemedgroup said:

I say over $75k as well.  Guessing $86.5k to be exact lol

With the 20% buyer's premium it could never be exactly $86,500.  :baiting:

But you could be really close ... if the winning bid ends up at $72,000, then the total with BP would be $86,400.  (thumbsu

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

9 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

the 8.5 looks far superior. not sure how such a dull copy gets a 9.0

70EE874A-A803-4038-97CB-1E69D014D1C0.jpeg

I agree, to me the Red's make that book.

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

I agree, to me the Red's make that book.

heritage does "juice" the colors a bit. but yes, still a much better looking copy. hard to beleive someone will pay at least 10-20k more for a cruddier looking copy because some label assigns it .5 higher. absolutley ridiculous. thats my favorite word. 

33 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

heritage does "juice" the colors a bit. but yes, still a much better looking copy. hard to beleive someone will pay at least 10-20k more for a cruddier looking copy because some label assigns it .5 higher. absolutley ridiculous. thats my favorite word. 

I personally prefer the presentation, No chipping even if the paper hasn't came off yet, and good color strike. I would take a 1.0 over a 5.0 in regards to that.

2 hours ago, october said:

Agreed. I would take the 8.5 all day, especially with the gap in value. 

Comic collectors are an odd (read: stupid) bunch. We care a lot less about eye appeal and presentation than other collectors and focus much more on the little number on the case that someone else assigned. Not all hobbies are like this. Top end cards seem to have much bigger price gaps between ugly and pretty examples in the same grade, where a lot of comic collectors all but ignore ugly miswraps, sub-optimal PQ, bad color strike, etc. It's confusing, but nice for me since I get much better looking copies for the same money. (shrug)

I think you’re just talking about rookie collectors vs experienced collectors.  With more time devoted to the hobby, comes appreciatation in presentation of a book.