• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,530 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2021 at 9:30 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

My copy of x-men has the same label however I don’t like it because that’s the team from GSX1.  

Do the custom labels not note the significance of books?  No mention of the first appearances....?

5 minutes ago, spreads said:

Do the custom labels not note the significance of books?  No mention of the first appearances....?

It is on the back now. Which I personally am not a fan of.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

I shared in in another thread so I’ll share it here as well.  Here’s my copy to enter the club.  Really white cover and the red in the X-men is deep.  

She’s unpressed and I’ve been tempted to crack and press it because there are some pressable defects like the light bends and crease, but it’s one hell of a gamble.  Plus the grading fee would be $3k+ just for itself.

303458A1-CBC8-408D-8329-6B1F44B4F781.jpeg

FA942BA4-1F86-4943-9BAD-49F1BC9D90AB.jpeg

incredible book! i also would not resub it with a press and clean. its great as it is, and you dont see that many 9.2s. just hold it until at least the movie is coming out, longer, if possible. 

Yeah I concur I’ll keep it as it is. I emptied my bank savings account for this.  I had decided to pull the trigger as my money in the bank wasn’t going to keep up with inflation as it earns 0.6% interest and especially with the US just giving out money nowadays.  Hope to keep it for at least 5 years, maybe 15 to help pay for both kids college funds.  

Regarding the cracking, I’m tempted to because the reward would be insane but also very hesitant to CPR it because one time a JIM83 came back a lower grade than before I had CPR’d it.  Stark reality that bumps aren’t guaranteed and occasionally can come back lower or worst case scenario become damaged or even lost during shipping’s. So yeah I’ll just enjoy this in its case while it’s in my possession. 

15 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

If people think it looks like an up gradable book let them bid accordingly not your problem. I have a JIM83 CGC 6.0 that looks like a 8.0 And many book like that I am not taking a any risk to deal with that let the auction house deal with it and have them send it in if that is possible whenever that time comes.

This is true, the CPR game mostly caters to the label collectors. I personally will buy a book that is lower grade for the better registration or no Marvel Chipping. I just witnessed a terrible wrapped Iron Man 55 sell above GPA due to grade hustling by the seller. The Comics Code stamp at the top wasn't even fully present, I assume a newer collector got it, but when he decides to sell someone will explain to him why they don't like it, but to each his own.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

I shared in in another thread so I’ll share it here as well.  Here’s my copy to enter the club.  Really white cover and the red in the X-men is deep.  

She’s unpressed and I’ve been tempted to crack and press it because there are some pressable defects like the light bends and crease, but it’s one hell of a gamble.  Plus the grading fee would be $3k+ just for itself.

303458A1-CBC8-408D-8329-6B1F44B4F781.jpeg

FA942BA4-1F86-4943-9BAD-49F1BC9D90AB.jpeg

Correction, you win the thread!!

11 hours ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Anyone use Key Collector app?  I like it for their top 10 and trending 20.  

Lota of good things to say about x-men 1.

Check out the last statement, it’s charging up and getting ready to rocket. 

32B7B8A0-AAEC-49F7-9E98-EAAD31A79862.png

2592124C-321F-46F9-850D-2B51A0CA7BA8.png

based on all that data, i'd say it already took off and has been rocketing for awhile now. when this kind of explosion happens, it's always a guessing game as to where the ceiling might be.