• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

There's always a lot of talk about FOMO. I was most definitely in that category last summer, when I purchased my GSXM #1 CGC 7.5 for approximately $1,800. According to GPAnalysis, the most recent sale of this book was for $4,999, which occurred this month. So, what I guess I'm trying to say, FOMO doesn't always lead to bad results.

I wonder if I sold my 7.5 to you lol. Because that’s the price I sold it for last summer, kicking myself! 

oh also had two 9.0s and a SS Stan Lee I can’t remember what grade but it was probably between 8-9.  Made a few hundred books on each.  Sold because some were saying market would crash due to Covid.  Dang were they wrong.  

1 hour ago, Bluemedgroup said:

I wonder if I sold my 7.5 to you lol. Because that’s the price I sold it for last summer, kicking myself!

I bought on Ebay, and the seller included a nice copy of X-Men #16, which was a book that I needed, for free. If that was you, then thank you on both counts.

Yep.  It feels like a race to the edge of a cliff right now.  For me, I have about six SA keys left to buy for my collection, and every one of them seems to have doubled in price in two months, if not more.  Looks like I'm going to have to be the ONE THING I'm not in my collecting life:  patient. :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Yep.  It feels like a race to the edge of a cliff right now.  For me, I have about six SA keys left to buy for my collection, and every one of them seems to have doubled in price in two months, if not more.  Looks like I'm going to have to be the ONE THING I'm not in my collecting life:  patient. :whistle:

Patience can be a virtue except for when you find yourself in the midst of a comic book gold rush.

24 minutes ago, Drummy said:

patients is going to cost you a ton. 

19 hours ago, drotto said:

CLink XM 1 craziness tonight 2/25/21

8.0 = $55000

6.0 = $20250

4.5 = $15850

4.0 = $15250

Geeesh those numbers for a 4.0 and 4.5 are such a steep increase even from last sales in the $11-12k range.

wondering what the impact on the 2.0-3.0 market will be - as they were only about $2-3k below the prior 4.0 sales. But it would be tough to see a 3.0 at $12k I would think ..... but who knows this market is a bit nuts. 

51 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Geeesh those numbers for a 4.0 and 4.5 are such a steep increase even from last sales in the $11-12k range.

wondering what the impact on the 2.0-3.0 market will be - as they were only about $2-3k below the prior 4.0 sales. But it would be tough to see a 3.0 at $12k I would think ..... but who knows this market is a bit nuts. 

My XM 1 is my grail.  I finally pulled the trigger 3 1/2 years ago.  Now, I look at these numbers and part of my brain says at what point do you say good buy.  I would probably always regret it, but there is a number for everything.  

39 minutes ago, drotto said:

My XM 1 is my grail.  I finally pulled the trigger 3 1/2 years ago.  Now, I look at these numbers and part of my brain says at what point do you say good buy.  I would probably always regret it, but there is a number for everything.  

good buy?.. id say 3 1/2 years ago was a good buy!... 

or good bye?.. Id suggest if this is a grail. (like mine is for me). id hold onto the copy. 

13 minutes ago, GAMBIT said:

good buy?.. id say 3 1/2 years ago was a good buy!... 

or good bye?.. Id suggest if this is a grail. (like mine is for me). id hold onto the copy. 

I meant good bye. No I am not selling. Just makes me think.

5 hours ago, Drummy said:

Which 6?

My list of SA keys to go is..,

Avengers 1

FF 1 & 5 (FF 1 is never going to happen...)

Hulk 1

8 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Hey Piper --

My six remaining:  X-Men 1 (oh well!), Avengers 1, TOS 52 and 57, Marvel Super-Heroes 12, and FF 48.  Most will be easy to find in time, but the X1 in particular may need a lot of patience.

Dan

I will say this Dan, you are definitely patient when it comes to X-Men 1! :hi:

I’ve been following comics and the MCUs effect on them since the first Iron Man movie came out.  I’m vastly aware of FOMO.  I missed the window on TOS 39 but followed it as a “case study” and finally a few years ago I was in a financial position to really put some money into SA.  It was obvious to me that waiting would cost me dearly, so in the past few years I’ve been lucky enough to snag a few off my key list:  Avengers 4 6.5, FF1 4.0 , DD1 5.0, X-Men 1 7.0, GS X-Men 1 9.6, and FF48-50 8.5- all prior to their popping.  At this point my list of books left for my bucket list isn’t that long but is going to cost me dearly - AF15, TOS39, Avengers 1, JIM 83, and Hulk 1.  I have a feeling that I’m going to die completing this gauntlet and I’m only 50 LOL.   

Edited by Darthbryan