• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,531 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SECollector said:

I am pretty sure I posted my ticket to the club some years ago, but I am really happy that I still own it. I hadn't checked GPA on this for a couple of years and boy was I surprised to see that out of the sudden its probably the most valuable book in my little collection.

I got this book in 2016 and considered then that it was really undervalued. Kinda bummed that I waited to get X-Men #4 "sometime later"... O.o

X-Men-1-F.jpg

Cool Cage copy !

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Nice book! 

I am in the same boat regarding X-Men #4. It for sure will be the last or at least one of the last issues I get to complete my run. Just forced to wait it out for now and see what happens with the price. Oh well 

X-men 4 has been hot. Greg Reece sold a 8.5 copy for $16,000 just recently.   

5 hours ago, SECollector said:

I am pretty sure I posted my ticket to the club some years ago, but I am really happy that I still own it. I hadn't checked GPA on this for a couple of years and boy was I surprised to see that out of the sudden its probably the most valuable book in my little collection.

I got this book in 2016 and considered then that it was really undervalued. Kinda bummed that I waited to get X-Men #4 "sometime later"... O.o

X-Men-1-F.jpg

Very sharp 7.5 copy with bright colors.  Congratulations!

6 hours ago, SECollector said:

X-Men-1-F.jpg

Bob Storms of High Grade Comics had a 7.5 listed at I believe $67,500 a week or two back it sold before he even put scans up.

35 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

X-men 4 has been hot. Greg Reece sold a 8.5 copy for $16,000 just recently.   

Yep it started exploding around the same time #1 did. I want a raw VG copy but it’s going to have to wait. Some of the price increase is due to the tv show buzz and hopefully that’ll be rounded off a little at some point 

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Yep it started exploding around the same time #1 did. I want a raw VG copy but it’s going to have to wait. Some of the price increase is due to the tv show buzz and hopefully that’ll be rounded off a little at some point 

But then next Dr. Strange movie hype will give it another bump.

10 hours ago, speedcake said:

Nice book! 

I am in the same boat regarding X-Men #4. It for sure will be the last or at least one of the last issues I get to complete my run. Just forced to wait it out for now and see what happens with the price. Oh well 

Same for me. I have 1 - 143 and a few beyond that with only #4 breaking a perfect run. Not sure why I waited so long on that one.

11 hours ago, SECollector said:

X-Men-1-F.jpg

Holy fiddlers :censored:

Have you considered getting it cleaned and pressed? Or are you gonna leave it in the Ole slaberino?

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Holy fiddlers :censored:

Have you considered getting it cleaned and pressed? Or are you gonna leave it in the Ole slaberino?

I decided short after I got it to leave it as is. The hassle (and stress) that I would go through to get this done while living in Europe is just not worth any potential  pump, plus the fact that o-o-old slabs have a different kind of charm :luhv: 

10 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

Unfortunately I no longer own my previous 9.0, 8.5, 7.5 or 6.5 copies of X-men 1 :facepalm:, but I still have these:

X-men 1 group.jpg

Wow!  Are you an X-Men hoarder or is this just the tip of the iceberg to your collection?  Great books!!