• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

This book seems criminally underpriced considering what a cultural phenom the X-men have been, and how huge they were to comics for so long.

Maybe one day it will get it's just due in higher grades.

Edited by SC22

On 9/21/2017 at 3:38 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I put this X-Men 1 9.2 on watch as it was going to auction on ComicConnect.

Guess someone decided he couldn't wait for the auction and sent in an offer. Sold for 50K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=721214

As others stated, 50K seemed cheap. However, I just wanted to comment on the scan. In this case the scan is terrible and makes the book look terrible, all dark and tanning. I just don't understand why an auction house like CC cannot come up with a decent scan for an expensive book. It is a total injustice to the seller. 

On September 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM, zhamlau said:

This book seems criminally underpriced considering what a cultural phenom the X-men have been, and how huge they were to comics for so long.

Agree 100%. The X-Men utterly dominated the genre for something like 25 years. We still don't know the complete impact from that on collecting.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:32 AM, drotto said:

I finally did it!!! I had to leave one club to join another. But trading up from a AF 15 CGC 0.5 to get me my X-Men #1 funding (with some to spare) was 100% worth it in my book.

20171007_091111.jpg

Nice copy!!

19 hours ago, WolverineForever said:

Literally the First Issue of an Era! I Love X-Men <3 

Best superhero team ever in my opinion!! The story line and the characters are simply awesome!!

Edited by SC22