• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,531 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, zhamlau said:

This book seems criminally underpriced considering what a cultural phenom the X-men have been, and how huge they were to comics for so long.

I have always thought, the terrible string of movies that have come out since 1999, have a lot to do with it.

On 10/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I was originally hoping to find an 8.0 but I found this 9.0 and couldn't pass it up!

X-Men 1 CGC 9.0a.jpg

What do you think is going on with the greens on your copy?  Was it just a color strike without much blue in it?

4 minutes ago, namisgr said:

What do you think is going on with the greens on your copy?  Was it just a color strike without much blue in it?

It might just be the photo is bright - it's not that different from the copy on the previous page. Bet they're darker in hand:

59e928fb86e2c_X-Men1CGC9_0a.thumb.jpg.8d4b2bce230fc7c057a82948910fcdf0.jpg.5816d6ebc5280117bc9916017bad6912.jpg20171007_091111.thumb.jpg.6410ab7099f5c4c1f51dd0603429e0bb.jpg.27d004e02f31bb15da973b8b8c781d4b.jpg

31 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I wasn't aware there was anything unusual about the colors on the book until you said something.  I took a look at a few other scans online, and I do see some with darker greens but many others whose colors are similar to mine.  I see no evidence at all that the book's colors are faded by exposure to sunlight or whatever.

There are certain books that are well known for minor color variations, and my understanding was always that X-Men #1 was one of them.  But I wouldn't claim to be an expert on this.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I wasn't aware there was anything unusual about the colors on the book until you said something.  I took a look at a few other scans online, and I do see some with darker greens but many others whose colors are similar to mine.  I see no evidence at all that the book's colors are faded by exposure to sunlight or whatever.

There are certain books that are well known for minor color variations, and my understanding was always that X-Men #1 was one of them.  But I wouldn't claim to be an expert on this.

dark green boxes are tougher to find on X-Men 1s. Perhaps that color ran low on the press faster at that time, because the green monster on FF1 is another tough to find in dark green...

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks ... the book definitely appreciates the kind words.  It was starting to develop a complex about its green boxes.

If the colours were faded due to sunlight then the reds would be orange. I think red is one of the firsts to be affected by sunlight. Its an awesome copy.

This discussion made me go back and check the greens of my copy. It looks like Nic was picky about the green boxes on this issue lol.

Light / dark green variations... You get to learn something new each and every day in these boards hm

X-Men-1-F.jpg