• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,530 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Beautiful book!

Who's Michael McFadden, is that a pedigree collection?

Thanks!

Kevin Michael McFadden was a long time CGC QC expert and main graders who passed away in 2018. His collection was then graded, labeled ( in honor/remembrance of him and what he's meant and done for comic community, as well as CGC). and sold as such.   Its not a pedigree however. 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:40 AM, Nevinem said:

I had a friend buy this copy on my behalf a few years ago from these boards, I just got my first CGC membership and saw this post so I figured I would share mine as well.  I've grown fond of all of the writing after these few years haha.

xmen 1 CGC 2.5.jpg

I hate to break this to ya Neminem: but someone mehssed with that book.

But still a super nice grail. I envy you👍

32 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

I hate to break this to ya Neminem: but someone mehssed with that book.

But still a super nice grail. I envy you👍

What do you mean by messed with it?  Or were you just making a joke because of all of the pen marks on the front?  I just want to make sure I won't get a surprise when I get this re-holdered. 

1 hour ago, Nevinem said:

What do you mean by messed with it?  Or were you just making a joke because of all of the pen marks on the front?  I just want to make sure I won't get a surprise when I get this re-holdered. 

I only referred to the pen markings. Otherwise a really cool copy of this legendary book.  I wish I had one !

On 1/30/2010 at 10:20 AM, etanick said:

I am going to start this thread now that mine #1 is gone and keep track of as many of the sales as possible like the showcase #22 thread. Feel free to pm me with any sales that I missed. I am just going to focus from 1/2010 forward.

9.4 - Feb CL auction - ?

9.2 - Pedigree - $55,000 (1/10)

9.2 - Feb CL auction - ?

9.0 - Jan CL auction - $22,506 (1/10)

9.0 - CL sale - $22,000 (1/10)

8.5 - Jan CL auction - $12,575 (1/10) mine copy, going to a good home I hope. It has been with me since 2003 but it is time to let it go.

8.5 - Feb Qualitycomix auction - ?

Post your prized X-men #1 folks :applause:

i have xmen 1 complete in probably a 2. the only problem is there is probably about 10 words blacked out with a pen in the story lines. spine has been taped. has some minor rips. anyone interested for $2200?

On 10/26/2020 at 9:33 AM, jont said:

i have xmen 1 complete in probably a 2. the only problem is there is probably about 10 words blacked out with a pen in the story lines. spine has been taped. has some minor rips. anyone interested for $2200?

the for sale thread is elsewhere. check it out and read the rules first if you want to post a book for sale there. 

27 minutes ago, spreads said:

Guys let's not derail this thread please.  I reported that guy's comment to have it removed.....

Apologies! I've posted this before, but I'll post again to bring us back! 

Some day I may try to upgrade, but for now I'm happy with this.  Besides, upgrading is getting expensive! 

20200120_174909.jpg

eesh.  Well I've sold a bunch of stuff and have about a 5k budget now for an X-Men 1, but starting to doubt whether I should actually do it. I'd like a 2.0 or 2.5, and think its now or never. Someone tell me to just do it and that it'll be fine  :roflmao:   Finding one is somehow turning into the hard part, go figure.

7 hours ago, speedcake said:

eesh.  Well I've sold a bunch of stuff and have about a 5k budget now for an X-Men 1, but starting to doubt whether I should actually do it. I'd like a 2.0 or 2.5, and think its now or never. Someone tell me to just do it and that it'll be fine  :roflmao:   Finding one is somehow turning into the hard part, go figure.

The longer you wait, youll price yourself out.  I say grab one!.. It's a staple SA key and will never go down in value, only up.   Good luck!