X-MEN #1 club
25 25

2,110 posts in this topic

202 posts
On 8/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, gotpong said:

Thats a really nice looking 4.0!

Thanks. Agreed, looks better than a 5.5 I almost bought. Chip in back is the reason it got knocked down to a 4.0. 

202 posts
2 hours ago, Philreal said:

Posted it before, but what the hey I love this stuff!

2550451_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMjgvMjAxNyAzOjUyOjE2IFBN

Congrats on the 4.0!  Love it. Keep,posting guys. 

753 posts
12 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

Results of the latest ComicConnect X-Men auction, looks like X1 is steadily moving up in price due to future movie or...?

X-Men 1.PNG

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering how much it went for.

7 posts
8 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering how much it went for.

That auction deserves a post unto itself. That was an X-Men collection that will never been seen together again.  If there was a 9.9 or 10 to be had the collector had it.  9.8s weren’t just ordinary 9.8s—they were exceptional 9.8s.

I hope that the reason for the sale wasn’t due to tragedy. I’m just glad I got to see the bidding action across the entire collection!

1,189 posts
48 minutes ago, Abibliophobia said:

That auction deserves a post unto itself. That was an X-Men collection that will never been seen together again.  If there was a 9.9 or 10 to be had the collector had it.  9.8s weren’t just ordinary 9.8s—they were exceptional 9.8s.

I hope that the reason for the sale wasn’t due to tragedy. I’m just glad I got to see the bidding action across the entire collection!

Unfortunately that is the case https://www.wwlp.com/news/rare-x-men-comic-collection-for-sale-to-pay-for-medical-bills/?fbclid=IwAR0eBj-7Cd5RKzV4vPEdV0ouUtZh7t07Ft-YV9SiYNVVYRk8tbYtMtRv70E

55 posts
1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

But another way to think about this is that the outcome of this auction is actually a positive event for that guy because he gets the much needed funds to pay the medical bills.  Also by looking at the results of the auction, it seems like many of his X-Men books have sold at new record prices relative to their grades so hopefully he receives more than his exceptions. 

Edited by carefulsum

261 posts
22 hours ago, carefulsum said:

But another way to think about this is that the outcome of this auction is actually a positive event for that guy because he gets the much needed funds to pay the medical bills.  Also by looking at the results of the auction, it seems like many of his X-Men books have sold at new record prices relative to their grades so hopefully he receives more than his exceptions. 

There were so many beautiful books in that collection. 9.8 x-men 12! It was also good to see the x-men 4 sell like it did. I'm glad his auction went well and hope he has enough to pay the bills and buy a lower grade run to keep it going.