• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,530 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, thedude said:

if I remember correctly, the CL 4.0 copy was nicer than the 4.0 Heritage copy.

Was also signed and PQ was higher.

To me that book has a few things I look for, No MC, Strong Red Color Strike then strong Green. I see some with strong red's but lighter green's. 

49 minutes ago, Northwest said:

If GSX1 is growing despite its supply, X1 certainly has more than enough demand as books come to market. 

I think the difference is we have seen an uptick in GSX1 freeing up where X1 was pretty dry for a bit. I don't disagree with you at all, I said a month or so ago the kids of the 80's may be drawn to GSX1 over X1 anyway due to familiarity so we could see it run up while copies of X1 sit in owners hands waiting to time it. 

No one is certainly giving away either copy right now, definitely a sellers market.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

It's nicely centered, no marvel chipping.  I would say $60k.  

33 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

It's nicely centered, no marvel chipping.  I would say $60k.  

I think 160k.  Why not?  ??? Let's push the envelope on this super-nova key and dream large.  The only thing holding back prices on keys these days is one's imagination, modesty, mortgage & alimony payments and the cerebellum.  So I dream the big dream and say 160k and 2 kidneys. :banana:

Edited by Roger66

43 minutes ago, Roger66 said:

I think 160k.  Why not?  ??? Let's push the envelope on this super-nova key and dream large.  The only thing holding back prices on keys these days is one's imagination, modesty, mortgage & alimony payments and the cerebellum.  So I dream the big dream and say 160k and 2 kidneys. :banana:

Why is there not a wow emoji reply??

1 hour ago, Roger66 said:

lol

On 3/7/2021 at 1:22 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Agree on the x-men team will likely be a mixed bag, some old some new.  Gotta spice things up with the reboot.  

Highly Disagree that wolverine be kept away.  Wolverine is one the fan favorite and most popular superheroes of everyone alive.  That’s like DC saying, eh we hate money so we gonna shelf Batman for 20 years and concentrate instead on Robin movies for the time being.  

So the Disney / Marvel MCU has done just fine for 13 years without Wolverine.  As a matter of fact, they've done multiple times better than that Sony X-Men universe that had Wolverine.  With Fantastic Four and a bevy of other cosmic entities for the next phase, Wolverine isn't needed in the least.  Wolverine is the MCUs safety net and will be brought out when it's both appropriate and needed.  Nothing would be more detrimental then to do this wrong with improper casting.  I'll bet it's another 5 -10 years before this role is recast.  

On 3/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, Darthbryan said:

The thing that people need to be prepared for, in terms of hard core X-Men SA fans, is that we aren’t likely to see the X-Men that we want.  I sincerely doubt that K Feige is going to reboot Jean Gray, Beast, Cyclops etc. out of the gate.  My gut tells me they’ll take a fresh take and it could likely be a mix of later X-Men characters and some from the New Mutants (properly canonized, not like that terrible horror movie).  I’ll be shocked if we ever see Magneto in the MCU.  He’s had too much non-MCU exposure.  And I’ll probably be shot for saying this but I don’t thing Marvel will tap Wolverine for a long, long time.  

I think this is true about mixing old and modern, but we will definitely see Magneto and Wolverine. Feige is a fan at heart, and those two characters (along with Professor X) are so well known, and so popular, that they just won't be ignored. Maybe not in the very first mutant-based (non-Deadpool) movie, but soon after.

There is no way bosses at Disney will allow Feige to not use Wolverine. 

They didn't spend billions on Fox to shelve one of its biggest properties. 

They may let Feige decide how to bring him in but he will be used in the next few years surely. Same with Magneto. 

33 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

not yet, you need to wait at least a few hours before a 3.0 is worth that. nice copy!

lol