• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

If not, PayPal will be next. If that fails I will notify my credit card.

i received an email from the seller asking if I received it back from cgc and if I had an invoice number so he can call them. I gave him the certification number. It has all the information he should need. I think he is starting to know by listing no restoration he may need to undo the transaction. Time will tell 

28 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

If not, PayPal will be next. If that fails I will notify my credit card.

i received an email from the seller asking if I received it back from cgc and if I had an invoice number so he can call them. I gave him the certification number. It has all the information he should need. I think he is starting to know by listing no restoration he may need to undo the transaction. Time will tell 

It seems a clear "does not match description" case; I'll be very surprised if you end up on the hook for it.

The seller is offering me 2 options, 1, I return the comic and recieve 75% back and he keeps 25% as a restocking fee or 2. I keep the comic and he refunds 30%. Both put me at a disadvantage. Do I need to work with him on one of these option or can eBay step in?

thanks for everyone's input

joe

41 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

The seller is offering me 2 options, 1, I return the comic and recieve 75% back and he keeps 25% as a restocking fee or 2. I keep the comic and he refunds 30%. Both put me at a disadvantage. Do I need to work with him on one of these option or can eBay step in?

joe

A 25% restocking fee on a $13,500 comic??????? That's a $3375 restock :whatthe:   Man, his restocking is really labor intensive!

Ebay wont go for that, so don't worry about it.  Ebay does a full refund whether this guy likes it or not.

He seems to think he's in the drivers seat on this, but he's not.

Edited by gadzukes

31 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

joe

NO... Do not agree to his terms. EBay/paypal/your credit card company will side with you .  You will get your money back as long as you have the hard proof to back it up. I've been through numerous cases like this on eBay and have always won. Buyers get a greater advantage than sellers too.

21 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

So I should just wait and escalate it on Saturday?

The guy is obviously a crook, so don't agree to anything with him.  Escalate the case as soon as you're allowed.  When you send it back to him make sure you send it Registered mail and insure it.  When you use Registered, everyone will have to sign for it along the route.  Also, the insurance is less with Registered because the service itself costs more and is safer.  

42 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

The guy is obviously a crook, so don't agree to anything with him.  Escalate the case as soon as you're allowed.  When you send it back to him make sure you send it Registered mail and insure it.  When you use Registered, everyone will have to sign for it along the route.  Also, the insurance is less with Registered because the service itself costs more and is safer.  

What if say the seller refuses to sign for the package, than what?  Does the USPS make note of that? Or what if seller claims that the actual item is not in the box or claims it's something other than what he sold? These are some ideas that I've never came across with and also something I've wondered about.  Would be the worst case scenario but good to be prepared for any scenario.

29 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

What if say the seller refuses to sign for the package, than what?  Does the USPS make note of that? Or what if seller claims that the actual item is not in the box or claims it's something other than what he sold? These are some ideas that I've never came across with and also something I've wondered about.  Would be the worst case scenario but good to be prepared for any scenario.

Should I request to send it to eBay and they in turn send it to him?

59 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

This happened to me once on a Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 scam.  

I sent the scam comic back (as per ebay rules) and the seller refused to sign for it.  After 30 days sitting at the PO where the seller lived I called ebay and they checked into it and saw he was refusing to pick it up.  They then refunded all of my money instantly ($8500).  THEN the scam comic got shipped back to me (as per USPS rules).  So I got my money back AND I got the comic shipped back to me.  I never heard from the scammer again.  (The comic turned out to be a 8.0 Hulk 181 that he had slipped into a CGC case with a 9.8 label)

I sent the scam comic back (as per ebay rules) and the seller refused to sign for it.  After 30 days sitting at the PO where the seller lived I called ebay and they checked into it and saw he was refusing to pick it up.  They then refunded all of my money instantly ($8500).  THEN the scam comic got shipped back to me (as per USPS rules).  So I got my money back AND I got the comic shipped back to me.  I never heard from the scammer again.  (The comic turned out to be a 8.0 Hulk 181 that he had slipped into a CGC case with a 9.8 label)

36 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

NO.  Ebay won't do that.  Just follow the normal process.

36 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

NO.  Ebay won't do that.  Just follow the normal process.

27 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

How can I be sure he does not try to say I shipped nothing or wrong item?

It's a stretch but the only thing I can think of and it's really ridiculous is to video record yourself from the time you package the book inside to stepping out of your home to driving to the PO and finally until you hit the counter to pay for postage without any pauses, all continuous.  At least that is solid proof that cannot be edited in any way.  But again it is just crazy..  I dunno how else to really prove it, unless maybe you have a postal worker nearby the counter, they see exactly what you pack inside the box and then you get their information as a witness.

33 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

It's a stretch but the only thing I can think of and it's really ridiculous is to video record yourself from the time you package the book inside to stepping out of your home to driving to the PO and finally until you hit the counter to pay for postage without any pauses, all continuous.  At least that is solid proof that cannot be edited in any way.  But again it is just crazy..  I dunno how else to really prove it, unless maybe you have a postal worker nearby the counter, they see exactly what you pack inside the box and then you get their information as a witness.

Agreed!!

All communications have to be done on ebay via their communication system so they can see if in a case. This is what I think you should point out in case to help out.

1. item said to have no restoration, sent in and the authority CGC cleared showed that to be a lie.

2. Seller is offering a full refund minus a "restocking" fee clearly indicating he acknowledges this is on him and is willing to take back. You want to refund but dont want to pay that usary level "restocking" fee. 

Got an update from eBay, they have to close the case. They say there window to help is limited to 30 days, I initiated the claim on the 32nd day. I explained that I sent it to Cgc for verification but the said they. Ant help and I need to file a claim through PayPal.... should I go this route or just go to my credit card company. I feel as if eBay just wasted my time....

Go through paypal. I believe you are covered for situations like this up to 90 days. 

And like others before me said, don't take any deal from this guy. You will get all your money back via paypal as the item was not as described (i.e. restored)